Day 24 —- Attended my first AA meeting

All I can say is Wow.

I attended my first AA meeting this evening with a sober girlfriend of mine, she is actually the reason I began my journey seeing her transformation was amazing.

I didn’t know what to expect going into this meeting, the people were so kind and supportive, the shares were very emotional , one hit me very hard and had me crying.

I have never been a really religious person so that aspect of the meetings I will have to get use too and welcome into my
Life , but what a fucking experience it was , I am honestly left speechless , everyone who attends these meetings are so strong , I have no words to describe how beautiful and strong these individuals are and I’m so happy to be apart of something so amazing.

I left satisfied & wanting to continue my sobriety journey just because of these shares and the hope everyone’s words gave me.

If you haven’t gotten yourself to a meeting, get your ass up and go , you won’t regret it I promise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::pray::heart:

17 Likes

Way to go Kaci!!
That’s so wonderful for you!!
Your worth every bit of it.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much :pray::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Yay! This is awesome to read, so happy for you Kaci!!

2 Likes

I’m so glad!!!

Goosebumps post. Hope, that’s what we all need!!!

:orange_heart::seedling::dizzy:

1 Like

I’m so happy you gave it a chance and had a good experience.

1 Like

So glad to hear you had a good experience! I agree, it is a special experience that is like no other. Congrats on day 24 :tada: & your first meeting​:blush:

1 Like

my first experience was a load of old men talking about themselves about a load of bollocks that I already knew. 2 weeks later I was drinking and they weren’t. I started to listen to that bollocks and began to do the things they do. Now 1 year 5 months 3 days of continuous and happy sobriety bc if you stick with the winners it works if you work it.
Now I’m in the privileged position to pass it on and watch other people become happy joyous and free, trudging the path of happy destiny.
Proud of you :+1:

5 Likes

Great stuff :grinning:

1 Like