Day 24, question about suboxone tapers

So I am 24 days clean from heroin today, but for the last 3 weeks I have been on a 50 day sub taper schedule I had calculated with resources I found online. I am down to 1mg as of today and I’m just wondering if anyone here has any experience successfully tapering off of suboxone, as I am terrified that even weening down to eventually .13mg then nothing that I will still experience bad withdrawals when I get to 0. I know there isn’t anything wrong with being on suboxone long term, but for me what I want more than anything in my life right now is to not be physically dependant on a drug in order to feel physically well enough to go about my life, and I also feel that for me on sub the creative part of me always feels clouded and I find it difficult to do things I enjoy like writing music and stuff. Sorry for the long post haha thanks in advance for any advice

3 Likes

Yeah honestly idk how much heroin was actually in the h I was getting as I would always fail for fent any time I was tested while using, but yeah I’ve been on 1.5mg of sub for the last 5 days and this morning went down to 1mg. I’d say I am stable at this amount aside from just being exhausted all the time and some stomach issues but it is tolerable. Congrats on your time as well it’s no mean feat as I well know haha

1 Like