Day 26th of dealing with addiction

This is actually crazy to make it this far. I’ve still yet to let people know that I’ve struggled with addiction but I feel great and more open to have conversations with them about it. My cravings get worse as the days go by but I’m learning to get through them. I’ve been eating frozen fruits to deal with the sweet tooth. The hardest part for me recently has been making new friends and getting comfortable again going out and have a good time. Not being paranoid or anxious. It’s all a work in progress but am proud to make it this far

13 Likes

Congratulations on 26 days! That’s wonderful. Keep pushing thru, and all that other stuff will all come together with time. You will start to feel more comfortable that all the other stuff you mentioned will all come together and fall into place for you. Right now, i think focus on you and your health/ sobriety. :pray: Stay strong, you got this! Lots of people are here to support you thru your journey.

2 Likes

By about day 60 the cravings and patterns of thoughts really level out. I would honestly say you make it to two months and it will get so much more manageable.

Keep fighting. Great effort :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Way to go on 26 days first 30 are the hardest then you sort of have a clarity and appreciate what you have done and now have. Keep going :muscle:

1 Like

I am on to heading to my 60 days…well just got to 31, wow what a feeling to hit 30. Encouraged reading the road to 60… only gets better! Thanks!

3 Likes

Give it time! You will be comforable again, but by then you will have a longer stretch of sober days as well :hugs: For me I avoided alcohol related events at least for 3 months ore so to prevent myself. But everones recovery is different ofcourse.

Congratulations for the 26 days!! :facepunch:
:confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

1 Like