Day 3.5 Sober of Alcohol

Hey,

I just downloaded this app to try and count the days I can stay sober but I saw this community page and it peaked my interest. I relapsed last weekend after trying on and off for days at a time to stay sober. I had my last drink Sunday night and I am three and a half days into withdrawal. My symptoms are pretty rough but I am on medication for anxiety and sleep. Does anyone have any tips as to how to feel like you can mentally overcome these horrible days-week of feeling terrible?

6 Likes

Hi, welcome, it’s great you have made the decision to quit drinking. I may not be the right person to give advice, being on my early days of sobriety (11) and had rough days of withdrawal too, but know those symptoms will be gone and you will feel much better soon. Stay in contact with your health care provider and keep us posted any time you feel like. My thoughts are with you. Best wishes.

3 Likes

Welcome to Sober Time, @joncy. You’ve come to the right place to reach out and ask questions about your sobriety. Many people of all walks of life from all over the world take part , offer advice and seek advice on this wonderful Forum. I piece of advice I can offer to you is to keep yourself busy these next few days by doing the simplest of things and that is, cleaning up your place. Start with your room one day, then the bathroom the next and then the living the following. Etc, etc each and every day until you’ve fully cleaned the whole place up.
Throw some headphones on and listen to some YouTube (I listen to energetic music, Historical, self motivation and biographical videos just to name a few).This will do two things and that is;

1. Keep your mind occupied while going through the first few days of sobriety so that your mind and body can adjust itself.
  2. It will make you feel better and just bring some good positivity to your overall mood.

Have something on your mind but have no one to talk to? By all means, speak your mind here and you’ll see that you’re not alone in your struggles. I again welcome you, my friend. Stay the course!

2 Likes

Hey, congratulations on your decision! These first days can be hard. I am currently on day 13. I find it helps to read sobriety-related books to help my mood. It kind of just cements in my mind that I made the right decision and that my life will be better because of it. Good luck with everything!

4 Likes

Welcome Nicolas congrats on your 3.5 days.
This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable caring people on it.

My withdrawals weren’t actually that bad compared to a lot of people that I’ve read about on here. Use the search magnifying glass on the top right. I bet you could find some threads.

I did a lot of angry power walks twice a day for the first month or so followed up with 2 hot showers a day. Really long hot ones. I was so angry I just can’t drink like a normie. And plenty of sparkling water.
And I use the Breethe app for my guided meditations.

I hope to see you around
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes