Day 3 after relapse at 92 days

4 weeks ago, I smoked Weed on my 93rd day sober, because I got too angry at my father and instead of choosing a healthy coping mechanism I relapsed. It spiraled fast into me doing 4 drugs a day (amphetamine, ketamine, alcohol, weed) and I even worked as a prostitute again to get drugs after just the fifth day of using.

Yet now I am on day 3 again and very certain I will be sober today and choose the same tomorrow. Because these 4 weeks have been making me sick and weak, I’ve lost the muscle I was gaining through exercise, and generally lost a lot of weight. And I wasn’t happy at all, only high and that high was a burden most of the time. No matter how many drugs I take, I always want to be sober again, I deserve better, I deserve to have real fun and health and freedom from this addiction.

What is different now:

I’m going to rehab for at least 6 months, although that will still take a few weeks/months to get into but I’ve already started the process of getting into one.

I know weed and ketamine will always lead to the same result (before I hoped that ket and weed aren’t as bad as the other drugs but there’s no denying it now)

I’ll do breathing techniques throughout the day and meditate more (back then it was 10-20 minutes meditation a day, now Ill do a second meditation a day)

I’m living alone in a homeless shelter now there are no or little drugs used here, a lot more peace than the last place I have lived in. And I’m in the process of getting my own place.

And Im gonna chill more, because sobriety is worth enjoying and it’s relaxing to not be in this circle of pain daily.

I’m just relieved to be sober now the 3rd day in a row because I have this feeling I learned a lot from the relapse. And I’m more determined than before to stay sober. No relapse of the probably 1000 relapses Ive had could make me give up on my goal.

15 Likes

Congrats on your decision to go into rehab. You got work ahead, it makes me glad you’re willing to go and do it. You’re 100% right weed and ket are as bad as any drug. Wishing you all success in your sober and clean journey

2 Likes

I just want you to know how courageous I think you are to take these steps to get and stay sober. Really well done. Please keep checking in. You belong here!

5 Likes

Yeah I’ve done so much work already to get clean, years of therapy, journaling, going to meetings and much more so I know I have not lost anything except my clean date. All the experience and knowledge is still there

4 Likes

Thanks this forum always helps me. I’m glad to be here and I’d wish we could do in person meetings with People on this app (because I realized how meetings in general help so much)

2 Likes

Throwing some big love and hugs your way…you matter to me :heart: :people_hugging:

2 Likes

Thanks, even though we don’t know each other in person, I believe you’re saying the truth :smiley: :heart:

1 Like

Absolutely, i wouldnt write it otherwise, you can do this i have every faith

1 Like

Yes, go to rehab! :raised_hands:t2: Until you can, hang out here. You can do this! We are with you. :heart::people_hugging:

1 Like

Keep on going man, you’re doing great :+1:.
Sounds like you have a plan in place which is excellent, I know a plan helps me.

All the best
ODAAT :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like