Day 3, depressed and guilty

I am day three, still depressed and feeling guilty. On the weekend i got drunk and over shared ancient history stuff but still potentially harmful information if those who get it never heard it before. I am riding this huge guilt trip, depressing and self hate. I talked to the people i shared with and they reassured me they will not repeat my words, and it helped but my guilt for even saying them is killing me. I am an idiot, i just want to cry but i cant because i am at work.

10 Likes

I agree with LMC, there’s really nothing you can do. I’ve been there, thankfully it’s been a real long time, but you’ll learn from it. You will get past it and hopefully never do it again. Alcohol gets us in trouble in so many ways.

I wish you the best! :hugs:

1 Like

I feel my face going red with embarrassment when I suddenly find myself thinking of the cringe worthy moments drink and drugs have put me in. The good news is if you stay sober they rarely happen. You can also apologise and let other people see the different person that you really are.

3 Likes

LMC hits the nail on the head. You can’t turn back the clock, and you have tried to damage control as much as you can. Time to turn your attention to what you can control, what you drink or don’t drink from today forwards.

1 Like

I really feel this. Probably one of the worst things I ever did when drinking was share a close friend’s very personal secret with someone who I knew wasn’t trustworthy. It has never come back to haunt me, but I feel like I would deserve it if it did. I still feel so guilty about it.

The only thing that makes me feel better about it is using the memory of what I did as fuel to maintain my sobriety. I made a stupid and selfish decision while drunk that could have really hurt someone I cared about. I don’t deserve to be as lucky as I was, so let me at least try and balance the scales by not putting myself in that position ever again.

We all make mistakes like this, you are 100% not alone. I hope you have a chance to cry and release some of that emotion when you get home tonight.

1 Like

Yes, thats exactly what i am going through. I get little anxiety attacks thinking of what I said and if those parties involved find out. I freak out so much that these 3 days alcohol has not even been a factor, coming from a daily drunk. It scares me how much crap came out of my mouth that i wish to never drink again.

1 Like