Day 3, dizzyness

I’m into day 3 and slept alot yesterday. Woke up dizzy, never had this dizzyness feeling before. Blood pressure and heart rate fine, just dizzy. Maybe all the sleep yesterday i slept with my head a weird position, still a little worrisome.

Im 100% not going backwards this time!

8 Likes

Congrats on day 3! I remeber feeling really dizzy as well in the beginning. I think it’s when your body realizes something is missing. It’s a sign it starts to readjust. Rest up and drink lots, do some light exercises. That did the trick for me.

2 Likes

Welcome Back. Congratulations on Day 3.

2 Likes

Thanks, i go for a good 30-60 days then fail again.

So tired of the cycle.

2 Likes

Suggest coming up with a plan this time. AA or another support group can help get through the rough times to avoid the cycle.

1 Like

Good to see you back again and congratulations for your 3 days sober! :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:
Ever tried the daily check in thread here? It was and is a huge part of my recovery. It’ s a very active and surportive thread. Here is a link to it, feel free to join! It was a life savior the first months of my recovery and still there a lot :wink:
https://talkingsober.com/t/checking-in-daily-to-maintain-focus-67-part-39/184482/615?u=soberwalker

Hope your dizzyness will be gone soon!
See you around and welcome back ofcourse! :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

Yeah I totally relate I could barely function on day 3. Are you eating? Your body is functioning without a substance its used to.

It gets better and its so worth it. Give it time and treat yourself like youre recovering from a life threatening illness. (You are)

If you have serious concerns seek medical help.

All the best.

On day 6, yesterday was rough with dizziness. Blood pressure fine, but did fluctuate between 120/80-140/90… probably just from trying to move around and stressing about this dizziness.

Laying down helps with the dizziness, i called dr for a checkup and will go next week.

Thankful for this community.

1 Like

How are you feeling today?

Dizziness went away, Friday morning i woke up feeling great. It’s now Sunday morning excited to make my coffee and head ioff to church.

3 Likes

2 weeks today!

Definitely had some urges past few days but held strong.

4 Likes