Day 3 feeling hopeful

Hi all, new here. After being a daily wine drinker and keeping on telling myself I would stop on weekdays and only drink at weekends, and never being able to manage that, something had to change. It used to be a win if I managed one night off, then I realized I was drinking a box of wine a week. I have a toddler and am doing this for them, myself, my mental health and because i can’t keep doing this. Found this app and I hope it’s going to help me hold myself accountable and the milestones will help too. Glad to have found you all. Fingers crossed that I’ve got this!

8 Likes

Hi @Hopeful32 Welcome!

I totally understand those deals you make with yourself, but never follow through. You’re not alone…it’s frustrating and it’s real easy to just throw Cree hands up, but you didn’t…you’re fighting for you and your little one!

When you have time come here…read, write, attend a zoom meeting when the baby is napping. Talk your feelings through…you’ll come to find that your not much different than folks here, and those same folks are amazing…you can learn so much from them and really once you dig deep…yourself. You are your greatest teacher…you just have to listen to yourself.

You’re gonna get through this…it’s hard, frustrating and sometimes just down right too much…well, that’s what we say sometimes, but you’re gonna get through if you want too!

We’re here…please reach out, and never give up on you!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

2 Likes

You can do this. There are many other moms of little here to support you if needed.

2 Likes

Welcome here,
I was a daily wine drinker myself and a mom of 3.
If I could finish one day without drinking (being restless and very irritated about it) in a week I could say to myself I managed it :pensive: But I didn’t. I had blackouts multiple times a week.
I’m happy to say that this is years ago. With the help of this app and the people in it I changed my life. You can do that to.
What helped me is stripping my house from all the alcohol, telling my husband about my sober plans, filling my fridge with healthy foods, buy sweets to eat when I had cravings, avoid alcohol related events the first months and also avoiding the wine section in the supermarket.
Be nice to yourself! First weeks are difficult, you will feel irritated and sleep badly (at least I did!)
But you can do it. Just do it today and repeat it tomorrow! And repeat after that :wink:
Feel free to ask anything!

See you around!
success-see-your-goal-understand-the-obstacles-create-a-positive-mental-picture-clear-your

2 Likes

Thanks all for your posts! Makes me feel encouraged. Tomorrow will be 1 week!

2 Likes