Day #3 just need some support

Day three, this relapse has been the hardest, with no alcohol to help me get through it’s been more of a battle. I am not feeling it at all. But isn’t this what addiction does to us makes us feel like without it we can’t do anything.

8 Likes

Exactly that Alishia! You know the deal. It’s addiction that’s lying to all of us, addiction that’s saying we can’t do without, saying we need it, saying it will help while we all know it helps with nothing but helping us deeper in the hole, and closer to an untimely death. You’re on your way to really feeling again lady. Scary but the only way to live a happy life. One day, one hour, one crave at a time. Keep going. I’m glad you’re here. Hugs.

2 Likes

Awww look at those faces! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Recovery is hard. I don’t think it’s too much to say it’s like training for a marathon. (The marathon of life?) You gotta train a little bit each day.

I promise you can do it though. If you show up each day and do your recovery work - a little bit each day - you will recover.

Can you get to a rehab centre? From what you’re describing it sounds like the symptoms are pretty rough for you. Do you think an outpatient program might help?

2 Likes

You got this! One day, one hour, or one minute at a time! Praying for you don’t give up before your miracle. Believe me it’s coming. We all just have today!

3 Likes

Thank you, yes that’s how I am thinking just small steps at a time. It’s just super scary but I really need this for me.

I am not sure if I have any around me or if I could afford such things but I can and will definitely look it into it. Anything that could help so I am not really alone in it.

1 Like

Thank you so much for those words and support. I am glad I have a place like this to come to and not feel judged and just be able to reach out for support.!

There is a site to look it up if you’re in the States:

There are sites for other countries too, if you’re not there.

1 Like