Day 3.! withdrawal symptoms hitting hard

Hi guys. I managed 3 days without drinking beer. Yesterday was pretty rough tbh i managed to forget an o ring and had to pull a transmission again, normally i would have 12-14 beers because of that mistake. I went shopping groceries and almost throw up because my head did some crazy things to me. Later I learned that i have to put in my earbuds and listen to some black metal very loud.
In the evening I cooked dinner for me and my love. We watched a stupid movie and my head didnt stop doing the crazy things kinda like overthinking, with a subliminal desire for some beer I have no beer at home so i had no choice and got frustrated, walked with the dog in a rush and got into bed. In the bed we cuddled and i learned that this intimacy is like a finger on the lips and a quiet "shhhh” for my brain.
So yeah thats it. I mean 3 days wohooo!! Right? :grin::+1:t2: I wish you all the best, thank you for hanging around here and supporting. Big love to y’all.

14 Likes

You are doing so well! Congratulations on 3 days

2 Likes

Good job Max! A word to the wise, in your early days of sobriety try and substitute SOMETHING for beer. A lot of the relaxation you initially feel when you drink is situational. Sounds crazy but fizzy water gives you some of that calm. It’s not much but it helps. 0.0% beers helped a friend of mine in his early days too, if they’re super cold they’re very close to the real thing. Some people find them triggering but I do not.

Labels aren’t that useful but the racing mind is a symptom of anxiety which is completely normal when you withdraw a sedative (alcohol) that your mind is used to being knocked out by. We all get it when we sober up and It’ll pass.

1 Like

Yeah, lemonade, fizzy water, all in the fridge and at work. It really helps! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Well done Max…its hard i know but all that stuff is to be expected and normal just keep plugging away one day at a time…it will get better eventually! Proud of you :people_hugging:

1 Like

Congratulations for the 3 days Max! :confetti_ball:
Yes, first days are hard. But every day behind you is done and you did already 3. It will become easier by time but first the sour then the sweet? :hugs: :facepunch:

2 Likes

Yeah thats the way! Im ready to flip the middle finger for to my bad habits and my anxiety ! :fu:t2: 🫶🏻

2 Likes

You wrote that so beautifully! I’m also at 3 days !

1 Like

Heads up bro! We make it! 🫶🏻

1 Like

Keep it up! At day 43 today…. Which is amazing to me! and 3 days seems like yesterday! Beer at the end of the day for a reward or after some frustration was my downfall, oh just have one, nah 12 bottles later.
It has been difficult but I feel so much better and so proud that a bottle of beer has not been stronger than me. Have a little sweet when that craving hits in the late afternoon🌸

1 Like