Day 4 and i dumped it out

I found a bottle of whiskey that must have fallen between my bed and the wall when i passed out 4 days ago. It was full. I stared at it for about half an hour and finally dumped it out. I wanted to take a swig then dump it out. But i just kept saying no i have to work tomorrow and poured it down the drain.

39 Likes

Good work! No more swigs ok? You’re done. We’re done. Never again. One day at a time.

14 Likes

That takes strength!

If you can do it this time, you can do it everytime!

Be proud of yourself and the decision you’ve made to live a better life!

7 Likes

Thank you. I know. No more. I can do this. I will become better.

8 Likes

Thank you. It was very hard to dump it. I really didnt want to. I wanted to set it aside and keep it. But, i knew i shouldnt. So i dumped it before i changed my mind. I knew if i stared at it long enough id eventually drink it. I didnt want to do that. I dont have withdrawl. I know its all in my head. With each day it will get easier.

9 Likes

Thank yourself for throwing it out friend. And if I can give you one advice: don’t go it alone! Find your peers and find support. In meetings, online, wherever. I found my sober group right here. Changed my mindset, changed my life. You can do this but nobody can do it alone. Success.

4 Likes

What @Mno said! Stay strong and stay connected! Wishing you well​:pray::heart:

2 Likes

Youre right. I am going to be on here alot. Ive already caught myself wishing i didnt dump it out. Trying to get those thoughts out of my head. Out of no where im just feeling stressed and over whelmed. Been trying to watch a movie and i cant even do that. Think im going to go outside and try and help my father with some work.

4 Likes

Seriously well done on dumping out the rest :clap: That is something I never had the strength to do. I’d think ‘I don’t want to waste it. I’ll just quit once it’s gone.’, which never happened. Now I know that all it ever was was a waste. Of money, time, and health, bc it all ends up in the sewer in the end. Changing your thinking will change your habits. Keep at it :muscle:

6 Likes

Thank you. I just gotta keep on doing things like that. One step in the right direction. I dont even want to think about how much money ive wasted.

2 Likes

Wow, dumping it took strength. Well done on making a choice for a better you. That can be the last time you have to make that decision, if you want it to. @Just_Laura’s example is exactly what I did. I drank it and regretted the wasted years to follow.

Using the statistics feature on this app is a great way to see financial savings you have made in sobriety. It is a very sobering reminder to stay the path ODAAT :muscle:

1 Like

Good job on dumping it out.
Be proud of yourself and keep on working hard.
Like @Mno said. You can’t do it alone and you don’t have to do it alone.
Check in any time. We’re here for you.

2 Likes

Ill have to use the finacial thing and hopefully that will help too. I looked through my room to see if i had any more some where so i can dumo it. Didnt find any more. Ive found bottles ive lost while drunk and then drank them before. So, i didnt want to risk that again.

1 Like

Thank you. I appreciate it. Ive been getting on and off here all day. Been feeling bad today. I dont know. Its like a hang over round two. But its been days since my last drink. Maybe it is some kind of withdrawl. Ended up going for a walk earlier which helped. I live out in the middle of no where. I gave my mother my debit card and cash. I told her do not let me make up some excuse to ask for my money back. Because thats what ive done before then went to the liqor store.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear you’re feeling bad but I guess you’re right. Your body needs time to get the poison out of the system.
Try to stay hydrated, get as much rest as you can and try to take care of yourself. First days are the hardest.
Quiet walks along the river was what helped me a lot in my first weeks along with this wonderful community here.
If you scroll through different threads you will learn so much. People sharing their stories, achievement and struggles helping themselves by doing so and helping so many who read and learn from it.
There’s a daily check in thread which I like and so many others. You can write a keyword in the search bar :mag: and it shows you mixing threads.

That’s a big thing to do but it’s brilliant. Sure you’re mum will be supportive. Try to think in advance about hurdles and triggers and how to avoid or to deal with them.
Stay connected, with your parents, with us, with a close supportive friend maybe.

You’re doing great. Wishing you all the best on your journey and that it will be, a life-changing journey into the better.
Take it one day at a time or even one hour, one second at a time.
Keep on keeping on :pray:
Looking forward to seeing you on your day 5

1 Like

Ive been pretty dizzy today. Perhaps just dehydrated. Been drinking alot of water. And had a canadian dry. I dont drink alot of pop. But, i love those things. Ginger ale soda. Its what 7 up wishesh it was. Haha. Oh and i still live with my parents. If it wasnt for them id be dead. I gotta stop cause i know it affects them. When i eventually get my money back ill definitely need a plan. When i have absolutely no choice its easier. Im definitely going to be on here all the time. Its been great chatting with everone on here. And definitely see ya for my day 5 tomorrow.

https://talkingsober.com/t/whats-your-plan/177233?u=happyfeet

This was a great read for me. It might give you some ideas.

Right on! If you poured out your drug of choice then that means your getting mentally stronger when your able to do that!" Super proud of you for recognizing the danger in having just one swig cause one is too many & a thousand is never enough!

2 Likes

Brother we have all been there! I’m proud of you for dumping it out. That takes a lot of courage to go against that inner monologue telling you one sip won’t hurt. That’s the thing, it will hurt. It will disrupt everything you’re working on and rock your life. It’s not worth it. You deserve better! Congrats on taking that step forward by not taking that step backward!

1 Like

Thats true. Thats a great saying. It was prrtty difficult pouring it out this morning. But, i know i did the right thing. I know its prrtty early. But, im feeling pretty positive about staying sober.

1 Like