Day 4...relapse

So last night I got to hang with a friend and had a good time seeing her. I had gotten some bottled water and was offered a very small glass of wine. I had a glass but was ok. No over indulging or anything but also felt bad a little bit. I haven’t taken any vows yet (perhaps intuitively for a reason) but close to it. I’m glad that I didn’t over do it and feel ok…except my tummy feels yucky even after small amount. It saddens me bc I’m back to day one but also glad I managed to not binge.

Well done for not over indulging but perhaps make those vows as this may have added to the box of tricks that our addict minds tend to tell us whe they want us to drink or use. I had a fairly severe slip shortly after my first day 100 and my innernaddict used that to try and convince me that it would be okay to reset again. We need to use very single tool at our disposal to put this disease in to remission. Next time try to come on here before you uptake that drink, tell your close friends and partner what your attempting and why. You are worthy of a sober,happy life. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

What @anon13078412 says. But also may I add that maybe until you are strong enough to say no and mean it, it’s best not to hang with friends.

4 Likes

All I can say is beware of the trickery of addiction it will allow us to think we all have it under control,it’s a progressive deisese.alk the best🙏

3 Likes

It’s a shame you have to start over, but the fact that you were able to drink just one glass means you really try to be sober. Good job

1 Like