Day 4 Sober

Hi! I am a binge drinker. I am on day 4. Which is huge! I never make it past day 3! Day 3 was awful. I had a very bad day with work, personal stuff, and I talked myself in circles as to why it would be okay to get a bottle of wine last night. I pulled on my big girl pants and reminded myself why I won’t! Not can’t. Won’t! My Grandson and single mother daughter need me, my gums and teeth hurt all the time, my face is bright red, my eczema is out of control, I’m bloated, my ass and intestines are a huge freaking mess, my clarity is gone, I can’t function properly, and I’m absolutely so sick and tired of beating myself up the day after that I end up having panic attacks.

I haven’t told anyone what I’ve been suffering with. The binge drinking or the terrible things it’s doing to my mind and body. I’m sure people see me falling apart and know what is happening. I’m not naive to think I’m hiding it completely.

I need to do this. I will do this. I deserve to be the best version of me possible.

I made it through day 3! :heart:

12 Likes

Three days headed into four is an accomplishment you can be proud of! It does get better the longer we stay sober, and that’s something to look forward to each day.

Your body is still detoxing, another couple days and you’ll notice quick improvement. Meantime, you can start growing that sobriety. Hanging out on Talking Sober, learning ways others have found a happy, calm sobriety is a real boost to that effort. Here’s a link to a thread full of ideas.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

2 Likes

Welcome and congrats on a strong start! Stick with this place you will have support 24/7. The physical pains will hurt more before they get better but like you, I have the hope they one day will feel better, for those we love. If our children get to see us sober one day it’s worth the struggle! Stay Strong.

1 Like

Congratulations! As a binge drinker who decided to finally stop May 1st, this is awesome! Im only on day 10, but youll start noticing some good effects in the coming days! Good on you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Getting through 3 days was huge for me. It was definitely the worst of my cravings. My first 3 nights were also terrible sleep wise. I had a lot of difficulty falling asleep and when I did doze off I had these crazy and lucid dreams. On top of that I kept waking up in a pool of sweat with night sweats. My night 4 was not great but there started to be at least some light at the end of the tunnel. I woke up less and the night sweats stopped. From there, everyday just got better. Once I hit 7 days I really felt like I was off to the races.

I’m on day 26 now and I just have to say WOW!!! I’m sleeping like a rock (my favorite thing) and wake up easily in the morning rested and ready to go…I’ve actually been getting up about 20-30 minutes earlier than I used to crawl out of bed with my hangover and I’ve been enjoying some really great late spring sunrises while I drink my coffee on the patio. My production at work is through the roof and I’ve started engaging in a lot of things I used to love doing before alcohol became my primary form of entertainment.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community :raising_hand_woman:
3 days is amazing Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community :raising_hand_woman: congrats on your 10 days also.

1 Like

It’s good to have you here with us

1 Like

Hi Tina, how are you doing?

1 Like

Welcome Tina! How are you holding up? Try to engage more with us. This disease thrives on Isolation. There’s a very active thread where people post daily about their journey. It’s a good place to get to know one another. If you’re up to it, check it out. Here’s the link: Checking in daily to maintain focus #54

1 Like