Day 40 today of sobriety

Hey everyone first post here… I’m 40 days sober today… I was in inpatient treatment for 30 days and I’ve been out for 10 days. I go to meetings everyday around the southeast nebraska area…

Anyways I’d love to tell my story on another thread, but this one is short and to the point. This morning I got a text from and old “friend” not really a friend just someone I scored from and I’m having cravings like crazy. Since they’re arent any meetings till day time I turn to you guys and gals…

I’ve been doing great up until the text. I have blocked his number but I know hell get ahold of me another way…

Just need some encouragement…

If anyone wants to hear my story it’s an inspiring one full with heartbreak and hope. I hope someone can help me out in this tough time in my life.

So easy to go back to pure powder fentanyl and heroin and the rest of thos evil pills. My heads playing tricks.

Thanks for your support

Zach Buller

4 Likes

Usually helps folks to tell their story.

He’ll get ahold of you another way, and you’ll tell him to fuck off cause you’re clean another way.

It’s day 40, past the WDs, life isn’t quite as bleak anymore, today you don’t have to use.

Welcome to the community bud. Read, relate, meme, selfie. We’re all here for sobriety and each other.

1 Like

Welcome and well done on your 40 days. Change your number,I have had to do the same recently after a relapse they got my number again so it was back to getting ten marketing texts a day off each dealer. Other than that if your really feeling the compulsion to use today stay on here and read as much as you can. You chose to post first which is a smart move and tells me that You don’t want to use,well done. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks man. I’ve been very adamant about 90 in 90 of na meetings sometimes 2 a day. Got my 30 day chip 10 days ago and 20 more days for 60. I’ll tell my story later today. It’s a tear jerker for sure. Should be dead 6 times by now and that’s just counting the overdoses.

Thanks for your response bud.

3 Likes

Plus please bear in mind the extremely high overdose rate for clean people relapsing on opiates especially fentanyl,I don’t want to lose another good person from this earth to that deadly shit. Your tolerance is at zero, it will kill you. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be strong brother. Change your number and remember why he is reaching out. You are a source of income to them. And he’s working.

You are working too! One step at a time away from that life.

1 Like

Thata the plan today, I was in inpatient treatment in south Dakota and made so many great sober friends there. I’m worried about 2 of them. One being a long time GREAT FRIEND from high school who I found out out went back and shoved meth in his veins. I’m worried about him but for my sobreity I think I need to cut ties because if you are around your old playmates even through the phone chances of relapse are great so i think I’ll change my number…

Yeah it is. And I was getting pure powder fentanyl and doing multiple MILLIGRAMS at a time. Not mcg mg. I was on the road to death and almost died 6 times from it.

Thank god for narcan, one time it took 5 shots to wake me up.
Ans my daughter watched the whole thing.

NEVER AGAIN.

2 Likes

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new”

Just popped on my phone. How ironic. That’s what I needed…

1 Like

Hey I understand. My dealer lives just a couple of miles away. He always has what I want. So I get it. You were willing to go to rehab. You accepted that you were powerless over your addiction. Then you got honest with yourself. Do you have a sponsor? We had a meeting the other day on when all that is between you and picking up is your higher power. Lean on your higher power. Stay in the forums. Go to any length necessary. I will be praying for you. One day at a time. One hour if that is the case. Cravings last for a short period. Say the serenity prayer during them. Take care.

1 Like

I’m in the UK so fentanyl is far more scarce/rare I got some from the dark web once though and not knowing its strength snorted a little bit. Thankfully I was at my parents house and they heard me collapse, it’s definitely a heavy overdose to be brought back from,far worse than just a heroin overdose.
Mate please do what you can to get these people completely out of your life. You know that it will kill you if you go back to it so you might as well do whatever you can to help you stay on an even keel.
I was annoyed with myself after a recent relapse,more so because the dealer’s got my number again and the advertising texts that they send out all day every day are hard to deal with especially if your having a crap day that makes you want to escape.
I’m go a that you posted here first,we are all here to support eachother in our times of need. Stay in touch dude. :slight_smile::blush::slight_smile:

1 Like

That must have been horrible for your daughter to see as well,I’m glad that you don’t want to go back to that not way of life but way of existence because it’s no way to live. That’s not a criticism by the way because I’ve lived that way myself for too long now. :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Meetings made massive impact on my early sobriety, I probably only made like 60 in 90, also did IOP.

I’m over 2 years sober, it does work.

1 Like

It does, right now I’m 24 for 24 for the 90 in 90… and 54 days sober

2 Likes