Day 5 and i feel like caving in

Hey yall. Ive been 5 days sober now from Weed and I did good all day only had a craving once during the day but right now its late and im alone and i cant help but want to cave in. I dont have any weed on me or anything but i cant help but feel anxious and sick from how much i want to smoke. Any suggestions on what to do to get my mind off of it? ive tried watching my favorite shows and stuff but i cant help but think about it.

3 Likes

Five days is great Fernanda! Detoxing from weed is a b*tch. I can see you don’t want to cave really, or you wouldn’t be here right? Your cravings are just strong. Which is normal at this stage of your quit.

Please keep your quit going. You already did one good thing which is to come here and post about your struggle. It’s a distraction, which helps. And it’s also seeking support outside of yourself which can be a huge help in itself. I’m convinced we can’t do it alone. We need our peers for support, to share our roads with, to learn from. We’re in this together.

I do think you need distractions now to take your mind of the urge to smoke. Here’s a good article ( I feel) that deals with that. It’s about quitting smoking tobacco products, but the principles are the same.

And there’s another way to look at cravings, a way I was taught by a guy I met online over 8 years ago, when I quit smoking both weed and tobacco and found great help in another forum. He advised to experience and work through the craves. Helped me a lot too. Hope it can help you a bit as well friend. Welcome to Talking Sober. Wishing you all success on your journey :people_hugging:

“Fighting craves can wear you out… next time perhaps give this a try… When a crave starts… find somewhere to relax ~ lay down or a find a comfortable chair, standing will work though. Close your eyes… relax your body… remain calm, allow your crave complete control… allow it to run it’s course ~ completely ~ start to finish… until it stops… allow it to enter your mind… The first time may be intense, sort of like a vibration running through your head… relax… remain calm, lower your shoulders often, allow the crave to run it’s course… until it stops, you will be okay… … Embrace your craves, experience them… learn from them…ride them out… every time… ride them out… you will be okay… Craves are proof nicotine levels are lowering… embrace them… learn from them… Practicing this method will allow the very essence of your addiction to manifest itself… your courage will grow… There will be anxiety/stress… walking bathing or light household activities will help… try to walk often… namaste.”

3 Likes

Find something to occupy your brain. Depends on what you’re into. For me it was videogames, tv series, reading, stuff like that. It can be art, sport, whatever. Videogames were the best for me.

2 Likes

It sucks going through this alone not having anyone here to support or help but im glad i found a community of people who can relate, share their own experiences and encourage others. I really appreciate you taking the time to share this. I really needed it thank you so much. Im definitely going to read that article right now.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

You’ve got this , remember a craving is just a feeling and it will pass. Do some guided meditation, give it a try. It might help.

2 Likes