Day 6 of the journey

I figured I would stop in and introduce myself, my name is Frank and I’m glad I found this group. I only found it today, and I read through so many amazing stories of individuals taking a step in the right direction that it gave me strength for my own journey I’m starting out on, so thank you everyone for sharing. I like many thought I was fine with how I would drink alcohol, right I had it all under control or at least I thought I did. It was a gradual decline at first, and then the slope got steep at a much quicker pace the longer I went. I of course thought I can stop any time I wanted, and so I tried and failed over and over. I guess the biggest obstacle for me was the shame and embarrassment I felt for having to admit I needed help and that I had a problem. How I eventually got over this was that I realized that shame I felt was nothing like the embarrassment I was putting my family and friends through every time I would get drunk at family holidays or social events, and so this is my first step in getting right. I have a much more full story that got me here and much more to my story, but I have already written more than I intended for a initial greeting. Thank you all for being here and supporting so many .

7 Likes

Thank you !

Glad you are here, Frank!

1 Like

Thank you !

Welcome to TS, Frank! Thanks for introducing yourself!

1 Like

Welcome, Frank! 🙋 I’m glad you found us! This forum has helped me get to 351 days so far, I look forward to seeing your progress too!

1 Like

Awesome!! I’m so happy to hear you are doing so well in recovery. I look forward to hearing about your continued success, and sharing my journey with you all here as well.

2 Likes

Welcome!! This is the best place to be. Best support system ever! Enjoy this awesome ride you are on!

1 Like

Welcome here Frank :raising_hand_woman:
This app has helped me a lot in my recovery. First year of it I was here every day. In my experience it helps to be here much to involve and read other stories. There is a lot to learn here :+1:

1 Like

Welcome, this is a great first step.

1 Like