Day 6 staying strong

So it’s my 6th day sober and I couldn’t be happier because yesterday I actually went out to a bar with my friends and had not a sip of alcohol didn’t crave it and actually had a great time none of my friends could believe me and got a great warm hug from one in particular telling me how proud of me he was trust me guys I was a heavy drinker once I was out at a bar the purpose was always to get hammered if I can do it I’m sure you can too! Also feels good to wake up on a Sunday with no headache and a hangover.

6 Likes

Well done! Stay positive! This is so great!!

1 Like

I’m glad you didn’t drink, but going to the bar in early sobriety is like playing with fire. There’s a lot of members here who have done the same thing, only to relapse the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time they went. I’m sure you’re thinking it’ll never happen to you, but it can, and probably will, if you continue to take risks. There will come a time in sobriety that you’ll be able to go to those types of places, so long as you have a good reason to be there.

5 Likes

That’s a great start, well done

2 Likes

Great job man. People like you should be happy it’s hard to quit.

2 Likes

As I appreciate your concern, your comment is very rude as you’re telling me that You know I’m going to relapse yea very uplifting this is supposed to be a place to motivate one another not tell someone they’re setting themselves up for failure with that being said have a great day and I’ll continue with my journey the way I decide to do it and not compare it with no one else’s because everyone’s situation is different so please don’t come and judge me for something that I am proud of accomplishing.

Thanks you! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :pray:t3:

1 Like

Sometimes the things we don’t want to hear are things we need to hear. I’m sorry you were offended by my comment but I’m not sorry I made it. I would love for you to be the exception to the rule, but if experience has taught me anything, it’s that people who frequent bars in early recovery tend to relapse. My first attempt at sobriety ended in a similar fashion. I had been to a couple events with alcohol so I figured I was “strong” enough to handle a wine tour. I didn’t realize strength had nothing to do with it. I just didn’t have enough tools in recovery to continue to put myself in those situations. That lead to almost a year long relapse, ending with me being homeless.

2 Likes

Hey, chill. It’s great that you managed to do this it’s such a great victory.
All Englishd (and to be honest I would say the same thing) is trying to say is just be careful.
Cool you did it this time. Next time you might not be in the right mood.
Please believe we all wish you well but speak from experience my friend.
Again well done

2 Likes

Your story and mine are not the same so please stop comparing because you don’t know what I went through to make the decision I made and if I chose to sorround myself with people that love me aside from what they want to continue doing in the atmosphere that I’m in then I’m going to do so I’m going to continue to be sober because I want this for me and I have several strong motives to do so and continue this path if you didn’t that’s your problem and I’ll never tell another being in recovery that he’s bound to relapse because I’m comparing his story to mine or others not everyone is the same have a good day.

Yes I completely agree with that but that’s all that needs to be said not tell someone they’re going to relapse everyone’s story, mindset and willpower is different I can’t say what someone is or isn’t going to do I can only encourage others on here to keep going everyone that knows me knows that when I truly want something I go for it drinking is something I have never been most certain that I don’t want. Thanks for the tip but as much fun as I did have it will be a good while til I do that again as I am finding other activities that keep me busy as well as work I just wanted to share how I felt ready to go out as and have a mindset where you can do so and still have fun with out drinking.

2 Likes

Hi Miguel. Huge congratulations. Please don’t be offended by the advice given. Nobody here wants to belittle or demean other people’s experiences, he is just trying to use his own personal story to give advice. You don’t need to take it of course but a forum like this is a perfect place for people with similar problems to overcome them together.

Keep us updated on your journey x

5 Likes

Cool. Nice one.

1 Like

Hey Miguel, how you doing? Have you been out to the bar with your friends lately?

Why yes I have actually and still haven’t had a sip of alcohol to this day and I’m on day 17, why do you ask?

2 Likes

That’s great!! I haven’t seen you post and just wanted to check on you. That’s what we do in this community. Very often people go silent when they’re struggling and wind up relapsing. I just wanted to make sure that wasn’t the case with you. Keep up the good work!!

3 Likes