Day by day, my log

Good job keeping yourself busy! You rocked it!! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! This forum has been such a huge support to me. I certainly do appreciate yaā€™ll.

Wish you a very happy journey :hugs:

1 Like

Itā€™s great to be able to work through things with people who understand the struggles and the successes. :blush:

1 Like

Indeed! It is so nice to see others develop as I try to do so myself, and when I am struggling to be able to find so many encouraging messages! I made the sober beverages post when I was struggling and it helped me get my mind off things and focus on something new and exciting when I was kinda feeling sorry for myself. :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you, you as Well! We got this!

Awesome job! Sounds like you did a lot!

Day 5! The anxiety was less today, I worked. I had a very nice shift. Some assholes but it was so absurd how obnoxious they were being that no one could do anything but laugh. I had a woman order the ā€œlunch sizeā€ fajitas and asked that her guac and sour cream be replaced with extra Pico De Gallo. I told her the lunch size didnā€™t come with guac or sour cream, so no worries. She got upset, ā€œWell what is even the point?ā€ ā€¦ but you didnā€™t want those things??? I came home and stopped to chat with a friend on the way, she was working and gave me a box for moving. I found out her coworker, my acquaintance, is the building manager of the apartment I want! He just takes out the trash cans and tidies the halls and whatnot. They said they will set aside boxes for me this week. So we will hopefully be neighbors and he is going to put in a personal reference for me. Came home, told a friend about my sobriety. I have been slowly telling more people about it as I become moreā€¦ confident in it, I guess? She was happy for me, though was certainly likeā€¦ yeah, not for me. Eh. I kind of expect that from some. Then figured my old roommate wasnā€™t coming to get his stuff so I started hauling it out of the basement and throwing away stuff and whatnot. When I got about half of it upstairs he showed up to get it of course. That is one less stressor, though. He took two trips and got it all and is coming tomorrow to get his mattress. I ate leftover fajitas (still delicious) and did my gratitude journal. Advanced a couple levels in my stupid phone game. Now it is time for sleepy tea and bed. :heart: I have a TON of stuff to do before Thursday but I know I am going to be way more productive with a clear, sober head! I am so looking forward to living by myself and being in total control of my environment, rather than the chaos a bunch of other roommates (and dogs) gives. I am very neat when it comes down to it, and that will be a huge burden off of me. Life will be insane this week but so much calmer in just a couple weeks.

3 Likes

Day 6
Worked, came home, cleaned A LOT with my roommate. Things are in much better shape towards getting the house clean and empty. We are hauling some stuff off tomorrow, too. It was nice having help. I feel way less worried about everything that needs to get done. Thereā€™s still a lot, but it seems much more manageable now. I made a list after my roommate left, checked off a couple things. I felt like I should do more but I am so tired. I figured getting to bed would be for the best.
Told a couple friends about my sobriety today, both were really supportive. One is a year and a half sober and was really excited for me and gave me some tips on getting through these next couple weeks. Also invited me to an event her and some other sober friends started, ā€œBub Clubā€ (ā€œreckless consumption of bubbly water encouraged!ā€ Lol). They meet up about once a month and do food and hang and sometimes have themed talks. Not everyone there is sober but it is an intentionally sober space and everyone is asked to respect that. I am looking forward to it. Should be a fun evening, and it is the day after my one month so that will be nice.
I also found some bitters and liqueurs that I forgot I had, but immediately boxed them up and texted a friend who is really into craft cocktail stuff and he is going to come get them tomorrow, along with some bartending tools. He will appreciate them (some of that stuff is really nice!) and they will be gone. I didnā€™t really feel too tempted to drink, though I did look a little sadly at one. I just love the taste of it. I figured preemptive action was the best course.
Tomorrow is day 7! A whole week! Iā€™m very proud of myself. :slight_smile: I have friends coming by to get things we are getting rid of tomorrow. It will be nice to see them. We are also gonna burn some broken chairs and things and hang out after lots of hard work. It should be nice. :slight_smile: I am going to get some marshmallows.

2 Likes

One week!! 7 days!! :tada::tada::tada:
How did your busy day go!?

1 Like

Awww thank you! :tada::confetti_ball::tada:

Day 7! Wahooo!! :tada::tada::tada:
Itā€™s starting to get easier. I wonder if I am in some sort of a honeymoon period, but Iā€™m just gonna take it. Today was stupid stressful. Today at work I got an email during my shift to discover that my apartment fell throughā€¦ and I need something by Friday. I am looking at something not nearly as nice but SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper in the morning. Also closer to work, like potentially likeable in nicer weather. It is also going to be more of a community setup. I will have my own efficiency (there are 6, and 3 2bdrm apartments in the building) and then there will be a common space on the ground floor. The owner wants to rent to people who will do like artsy diy stuff there annnddddā€¦ hey, thatā€™s me! Idk. I am talking with some friends about intentionally sober spaces over the next few days and what could be done with something like it. Made plans for that.
I spent 6 or 7 hours burning furniture and scrap wood and all sorts of junk. It was a huge pile. I got through it tho. After my roommates left I sat, still minding the fire, and wrote a bit, jotting down random ideas regarding this space and different things. Hopefully that goes well. This is just so stressful. Ugh.
I hope everyone had a lovely day, my next goal is double digits in 3 days! I am definitely sleeping better and I am PEEING SO MUCH. Probably because I am not intentionally dehydrating myself, I guess. Onward, to a sober tomorrow!

3 Likes

Busy day for me as well.

Started with a 530am showtime at the gym, hit the weights really hard. I see my strength increasing, but my weight seems to be stagnant (Iā€™m sure fast food has nothing to do with this :pensive:)

Settling in to my new job, just hate all the memorization and transition. I definitely find myself fighting anxiety when I encounter new situations. I feel like Iā€™m always being judged and I need to prove myself.

I decided to go on a nature walk. The tranquility and calmness did put me in a relaxing mood. I hope everyone had a great day.

2 Likes

Just wanted to check in, yā€™all. Day ten and going strong. I have certainly had some urges but Iā€™ve been so busy moving that I have been able to dismiss it and address the task at hand. I swear everything that could have gone wrong with this move hasā€¦ and to top it all off itā€™s raining pretty heavy today. A friend (the one I have talked about who is a year sober) saw that and brought me coffee and tarps and bubbly water (bubs) this morning. She is the best. She said moving will probably feel weird without beer, and it does. I am of a clear mind, and able to handle things better. I keep telling myself this. Honestly, though, I just want this day to be over. I hope everyone else has been doing well!

3 Likes

Day 11, I have a Bedroom! The morning started out going to the ER cause of an asthma attack. When I left the hospital I couldnā€™t really go home and rest cause literally nothing was unpacked. The landlord is still working on the building and with hauling my things over I was not able to get the apartment cleaned. However, I got the bedroom clean. This place was seriously gross! Then I brought my bed and dresser up, and basically only the essentials. I will not have a kitchen for a couple more days, so the rest is just stored elsewhere in the building. I made myself a cute and tiny ā€œkitchenā€ on a rolling cart. Made dinner, now I am drinking tea and curling up with a good book. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day 12,
I had my first dream of drinking. A coworker gave me a cup and there was tequila in it. I didnā€™t realize. I slept in this morning, it was so nice to finally do. I have been staying up late and getting up early because if the move. I had just started to get kind of a sleep schedule going, too. Itā€™s time to get back at it. I had lunch with a friend, then went to work. It was an ok shift. One of my coworkers was being really bossy and rude but I just ignore her at this point. Honestly the power trips she gets on sometimes are kinda sad, I see this now. I took the bus home, had a snack, messed around on fb a bit. Idk. Itā€™s getting a lot easier as I near 2 weeks. I think partially having my routine totally upset (moving, and to a different neighborhood) is helpful. I know there will likely still be difficult days butā€¦ this just feels more me. Anyway, now the pup and I are gonna snuggle up with a book, a cup of tea, and a bag of sour watermelon gummies. :slight_smile: Hope everyone had a lovely, safe, and sober labor day weekend!

2 Likes

Oh my, I forgot to post last night. Nothing terribly exciting happened, I just relaxed and slept all day. It was nice.
Today is the two week mark. Hurrah! 14 days.
I worked this morning and after work went to the hardware store. I got a couple tools to begin scraping the awful popcorn texture off my walls! I made quite a bit of progress this evening, around halfway done? But what is left is mostly the ceiling and upper walls. I will have to use a ladder. Not looking forward to that. My shoulders ache now! It is a good ache, though. I feel like I accomplished a lot. It sure is tedious work, though. Now Iā€™m gonna cuddle up in bed with a book. :slight_smile:
Oh! I also got a cute plant at the hardware store.

2 Likes

Day 19. I think turning my life upside down a bit may have been the best thing for me. I moved into a different neighborhood, I broke up with my partnerā€¦ I just feel different. So not drinking kinda just fits into all that. The last week has just flown by. This week is looking to be the same. I am getting back in to activism and working and working on the houseā€¦ It is a lot and I keep reminding myself to take that time for me, and so I read and cook and write and dream. Even working on the house feels like ā€œme timeā€ though. I am making a lovely home suited to my own aesthetic. :slight_smile: Both of my jobs are really laid back and I get pretty much any time off that I want, neither is stressful either. Idk. 19 days and my life just keeps getting better. I made a post about my sobriety on day 15. Everyone has been super supportive. I feel like my mental health is getting more under control, and the withdrawals have passed. I donā€™t even really want to drink at this point cause I feel so great. I hope this isnā€™t like, a honeymoon period, or whatever.

1 Like

Oh, C-sun. You probably have more of a life than you think. Try to keep your chin up and hope for a better tomorrow. Iā€™m going through some sucky days, too.

1 Like

Itā€™s day 38. Iā€™ve been having strange dreams where I drink. I wake up mad that I have to reset before my brain differentiates reality and dream. Last night was angry orchard. The night before was red wine. I got talked into one glass, and then the bottle was gone.
Ugh.
Today I begin cigarettes. This one is gonna be so much harder. Iā€™ve become a bit of a chain smoker since I quit alcohol!

2 Likes