Day five,lonely,scared,and mind racing!Help

Oh that is really great I wish you many blessings to you a lot of stuff that happened in our childhood effect so many people it is crazy how those few early years have such an effect on us.

The best thing I can say that worked is getting on my knees and asking God to keep me sober. Getting outside and walking. The Serenity Prayer. Reading recovery info… Changing things up like rearranging furniture in your living space. Cleaning, focusing on what I am doing whether it be an art project or cooking, walking and looking at nature. Working the steps with a sponsor. Where ever I am to be on my steps I daily do the work. Napping helps me along with exercising and eating well. At that moment Prayer and a cat nap is the best. Calling someone and sharing the burden and getting new perspective works. A gratitude list is also helpful for us. Praying for others……calling someone and asking how they are….practicing these things until it is second nature asking God to keep me sober and take care of what ever is going on asking for His Will important! Having other recovery people to do things to occupy time and enjoy sobriety (finding a few to do new things together without alcohol or drugs) newly sober a friend and I used to help each other clean our house or apartment together. We walked the Mall together. Tonight we went bowling. Get phone numbers and call and get out of self and be of service for a friend or at meetings.
I love listening to speakers on tape or.CD. That has always been a powerful uplift! God Bless!