Day five,lonely,scared,and mind racing!Help

New here needing support.My thoughts are racing.Thinking about drinking but I know if I drink sooner or later I will use.Im scared of failing and am taking it moment by moment, day by day. I’m doing this for me.My children support me but I don’t want to burden them with my battles. Just looking for friends and support and way to keep my mind busy on the positive. I want to create a life worth living.Thank you in advance. Two are better than one.

13 Likes

hello, welcome and congrats on day 5, supportive kids is nice, doing it for yourself and taking it one moment at a time will definetly help. So will talking with us, who have been there.

2 Likes

remember to breathe, racing thoughts are normal and will pass. do you like movies, music, reading, sports, whats your thing? reading right since the poetry handle :wink: plenty of funny memes on here, selfies to get to know faces, gratitude thread and the ever popular daily check in

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, I will write about my feelings and share pleased to meet you.

1 Like

nice to meet you as well, lots of support here

1 Like

Glad to be here,very grateful :pray:

1 Like

i use the daily gratitude thread more than any other it is my go to for this app.

1 Like

I’m learning how to navigate the site,and happy to be greeted by your friendly face,thank you.Im about to post my goodbye letter to my addiction.

2 Likes

i wrote one once also, while at treatment, we burned them, felt great

2 Likes

Welcome Shamu! Using is using, whether it be drinking or whatever the substance. Don’t! I’m glad you’re here. This sobriety thing is something we do together and the more we are the stronger. And we are together here. So much support to find and give and so much knowledge to gain. And some fun to have too btw! Very glad to have you aboard and welcome again. Wishing you all success.

3 Likes

Thank you very much!I’m feeling better all ready,I don’t feel all alone.Well wishes as well.Our stories are NOT over!

4 Likes

Welcome to talking sober @Poetrysavedme1972 ! Lots of help here for you, and lots of people who are interested in what you need help with, what your fears are, what your joys are, what your story is, whatever you feel like talking or not talking about.

1 Like

One of my friends had an incredibly rough childhood. Lots of group homes and drugs. Ended up smoking meth for a few years and was a suicidal wreck. But at some point she realized where she was headed and took the leap. It wasn’t smooth sailing by any means, but a few years later she found her self graduating from a big university, sober as a golpher. I can’t imagine my life without her and I’m sure there’s a few people who feel the same about you. One foot in front of the other. Just keep finding one more reason to take one more step.

2 Likes

I’m on day 2 I feel you! Just downloaded this app today. We can do it together! Praying for you :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Welcome to the both of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome :blush:

1 Like

That is so true.My children are here rooting for me.I lost my only son who was the oldest almost 7years ago,at the time I was clean and sober.During this time I have neglected the feelings of my other children and was basically dying with my deceased son.Im glad to be home,I choose life today.

Amen sister. I WILL pray for you as well God has not retired and is still in the miracle working business :raised_hands: reach out whenever you can,I will be here :pray:

Hi, and welcome take it a day at a time I would try to do AA if that is something you are interested in maybe get a therapist that really helped me once there are also medications to helps some people.

1 Like

I have a counselor I’m in a program for people with mental illness. They really help me alot and even have a crisis line 24 hours a day.Im seeking outpatient treatment and a therapist so I can get to the root of my issues all stiming from childhood. It hurts right now but I’d rather have the pain of healing then the pain of active addiction.

4 Likes