Day five of sobriety, Finally did it!

I’m five days sober now and am feeling slowly but surely a lot better. I’ve mended important relationships and it makes me feel great to almost. . . brag? About being sober? Even though it’s only been 5 days lol it just feels great to get that good for you look. Of course I don’t seek anyone else’s approval but my own. Still it feels nice. I finally did something that I’ve been told to do for years now, and that’s see a mental health doctor. Diagnosed now with severe anxiety and depression, started taking my meds today. Wish me luck on that.

14 Likes

Congrats on 5 days! Keep up the hard work :muscle:

4 Likes

5 days is brilliant, it definitely is nice when others notice the effort it takes for us.
Congratulations and glad your feeling positive too.

3 Likes

Way to go!!!

3 Likes

Great job. The first few days can be the hardest. Keep crushing it.

2 Likes

Great job on the first 5 days!!! Thats huge! :hugs:

2 Likes

Five days is massive, and then going in to see a professional. Very well done.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 5 days! Those first few days are always the hardest, great job on persevering and getting there!

One of my goals for sobriety is also to get to a mental health doctor. I suffer from servers anxiety and depression like you, it is so tempting to have a drink when the anxiety kicks in.

3 Likes

Meditation has really helped me with my anxiety as well as drinking teapots of chamomile tea.
But yes a professional is good help.
And meetings for when those cravings hit hard.

1 Like

Is anxiety part of the symptoms when no longer drinking ? How about panic attacks and lack of sleep ?