Day number two check in

Just my check in for the second day. Didn’t have any urges today. But, that’s normal when recovering from a horrible hang over. Generally takes about two-three days for the dizziness and such to go away for me. Here is to another day without drinking.

14 Likes

Keep going 🫶🏻:raised_hands:t2::muscle:t2:

2 Likes

A good day two! We don’t ever have to do day two again…so when the grumpiness comes, and it will, and your head tries to sell that bullshit just remind yourself that its only a feeling. And that too will pass my friend.
We keep going forward giving so we can keep on living.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thats correct. Im finally not feeling dizzy now. Taken a bunch of vitamins. Drank tons of water. Ate a salad. I know its coming and i have to be strong enough to say no when it does. I am off work for the next three more days. Already had abot 12 days off. I drank alot on those days already. Still living with my parents. I gave them my cash, debit card and keys. Told them do not give my keys back to me till i have to work Wednesday. I have done that before and then made up some excuse. But, i told them under no circumstances give me my keys back till i work. My plans are to chill and play video games sober. And avoid the games i usually play while drinking.

1 Like

Might consider hitting a meeting and be with others who are also fighting this fight. Sure as shit won’t hurt. Could even ask your folks to drop you off and pick you up.

1 Like

Ive tried AA before and it just felt too culty to me. I tried it for a month. I didnt feel like i was getting anything from it. But, it could just have been the one where i live.

1 Like

Oh I found one when I first started that was just fucking malignant. Accosted at the door because I was unknown, told to sit around the corner unable to see anyone. Guy started barking about the steps like he was a drill instructor. I left & found a cool different meeting. A mix of young, old, off the street and everything else.
I just know what I’ve seen and few, if any of us, do this shit alone.

I live in a very small area. I really dont want to drive an hour to hopefully find a cool group of AA meeting people. But thats what im using this application for. I also have my parents help. But i understand that. It very hard to do alone.

1 Like

We find what works and work it is all I’m saying. I’m moving to a really small town in 3 weeks and there is only one meeting there too. Hoping it’s a good group or I’ll be on here a lot more than I am now.
Best wishes to you and we got today! Really all we need to be concerned with as I see it.

1 Like