Day one again for me

Day one again for me but feeling positive. Paramedics just left and that is the third time they have visited in six weeks. No more extreme panic attacks for me as I am so done and determined now. Just texted my drinking buddy and told him for health reasons I can no longer drink. Coffee shops and golf courses if he wants to catch up from now on and he was really cool about. Onwards and upwards.

12 Likes

Nice! What are you going to do different this time?

Day 21 and feeling pretty good physically and sleeping better. Downside is I feel I have lost all now and can’t even go sit at a bar to forget my troubles and feel part of life for a few hours. I’m living with someone who is looking after me well but feel guilty as she wants to be more than a nurse to me but I only feel a spiritual attraction to her.

On a positive note, I have found Kevin O’Hara s you tube channel very helpful…Alcohol Mastery and listen every day. He walks a lot which I have started doing. Lucky for the old guy I pulled out of the canal yesterday I was on a walk instead of in the pub. Oops, there goes my Ego again looking for a pat on the back.
I feel so disconnected from the world, not working and have no desire to work. No sex drive either which is not like me. I just want old life back.

physically fit and living in a happy home with a partner I desire.
Oh well ,there it is in print above.Not much to ask so hopefully the universe will deliver.
Onwards and upwards, hope everyone here is doing OK.
Steve

Hey Excelsior, This is crazy because I remember reading your original post on your day one again and now its already (i say already but I know it has seemed like longer for you) you are on day 21. I am getting ready to start hitting the gym again this week. What do you like to do as far as activities outdoors? Also, what state do you live in? (if you don’t mind asking). I am currently on day 7 and I while some of the days feel like they take FOREVER, looking back at the last 7 days I think Huh? that really seemed to fly by LOL! Not sure if it is starting to feel that way for you or not. Keep up the fight man. Another day sober is another victory!

Yes the days are flying in now. I had years of not being able to get past week one and was struggling to do a few days for last 6 months. I used to love going to the gym andd have completed a few running events and a tough mudder. Was very active when younger even when drinking . Amazing that I did parachute jump years ago but ended up terrified of getting in a vehicle when panic anxiety was bad after boozing.
Think I will make it to a month easy now but after that I don’t know what will happen. Still have a part of me that wants to go be sitting at the end of a bar.

Thanks for replying

Oh I live in England nr Stonehenge :slight_smile:

1 Like