Day one.. again

Well, I’m back. Day one again. Here we go again.

11 Likes

Hey there!
Looks like you made it past 60 days previously.
Anything in particular trip you up?

2 Likes

Good for you coming back :+1: make this the last day one ever, you can do it.

4 Likes

Stress is a big trigger for me. A while back my partner was diagnosed with some serious health problems and I caved. It’s sort of been all down hill from there.

I also stopped coming in to check in here, and I’m not getting that daily connection

2 Likes

Awesome words of encouragement! Thanks!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your partners health problems. That can be hard to navigate emotionally, as well all the day to day stuff addressing it.
I hope you’ll keep checking in daily to get the community support offered.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your kind words. I am planning on checking into the forum daily again. It has been a great tool for me in the past.

4 Likes

I am sorry about your partner. Stress can be a tough one, but I try to remind myself of how much more present, kind and loving to my partner I am sober than when I drank. Perhaps that could be a helpful way to reframe what drinking offers.

2 Likes

Yes, I think that is absolutely true. For me (and for many of, I suspect), alcohol is a very temporary fix, which inevitably gives rise to more problems. I am much better of a partner when I am sober, so that’s a great reframing.

4 Likes

Great plan, this has worked wonders for me :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back.

Sorry to hear that you’ve been going through a tough time. Easy to fall back into our addictions. I just take it one day at a time. It’s all I have at the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks for your kindness. This exactly what I needed to hear.

I’m on day 1 again too moon. Good luck and stay strong. Maybe I’ll check on here from time to time and see how you’re doing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was back on day one a week ago. Only starting to fell better now…

2 Likes

Thanks @Dust. We can do this! Please post here whenever you feel like it. Always good to remember we’re not alone in the struggle.

2 Likes

Yes the early days drag on. Hope you continue to feel better!

I think you know what you can change :blush:
You can be a better help for your partner being sober. Numb your feeling isn’t make the situation any better, it only makes it worse…
But it’s hard to see your partner suffer, I understand that! Give him the best you you can give, a sober you! You both deserve that! :heart:
Take care :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Aww, @SoberWalker, thank you so much for the support. Everyone is so welcoming here. I didn’t realize how much I missed it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

How are you feeling today? X

1 Like

Checking in here often, reading and reaching out seems to be the recipe for success round here. Hows day 2 going?

1 Like