Day one... here we go again

Not the one to cry about my mishaps in life… but today is day 1… again… it’s about the 1000th day 1 in the last 15 years… the only difference this time is I’ve never felt as low as I do today, and it made me want to get sober… hopefully I do it for me this time. Heart breaks, regret, and disappointment fill the void of my drug and alcohol use… I’m not sure which is worst… k cry baby out…

9 Likes

Welcome Sean.
This is a great sober community to get and give support.

If nothing changes.
Nothing changes.

ODAAT.
I hope to see you around.
:pray::green_heart::evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Welcome, I hope this community helps you in your journey. Hope to see you sharing along.

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Day one for me again too. I keep coming back and trying. I am truly sick and tired. Been in bed all day because I don’t have the energy to do anything productive.
This group kept me sober almost 5 months last year and I know it’s possible. I am going to try harder to get back where I was last year. I truly felt better, slept better, everything was better. I kept coming back here when I had urges last year and it worked. Best of Luck, you can do this!

10 Likes

Good luck to you as well. We got this!

1 Like

Welcome! I’ve had a lot of day 1’s. You keep coming back so that’s a good thing. My experience is a support group, therapy and doing some work on myself. Find a group and ask for help. It’s a process that involves work. It’s been almost 3 years since I drank. If I can anyone can. This app is a great tool.

3 Likes

Thanks all of you… I’m looking into some support groups… I’ve enjoyed the threads on this app. Reminds me I’m not alone.

3 Likes

I did 2 years substance abuse classes and behavior sciences… court ordered tho about 7 years ago… been going hard af ever since… time to straighten out.

1 Like

You got this. If you really want it and you’re ready you will succeed. The peers here are very supportive you will see.

1 Like

Also on day one again, it sucks big time!
Never felt so low, we have to do this, there is no choice, the alternative is not even a life worth living.
I am going to stay connected to this support system this time, now I have found it, let’s smash it and let it be a distant memory

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Day 2 … pretty rough… had a friend over for his b day figured I hook him up with some good food… he decided he want to bust out lines on my counter after I just got done telling him going sober… needless to say I wanted some but I didn’t… proud moment… definitely have the itch to go out tn now… so I ordered like 50$ of bonefish grill grabbed a big blanket and am now going to eat myself into a coma while Netflix ask me if I’m still watching… not feeling it all…

5 Likes

Stay strong brother. It helps me to remind myself almost every 15 minutes that every drink is going to take me down tonight and every bump is going to take me down tomorrow. It’s day one for me too again…but if we just keep climbing instead of trying to take a shortcut that ultimately goes in a circle. We’ll get there man. Nothing I can say to make you believe it, but I want you sober just as much as I want myself man. Fuck these stupid heartless chemicals man

1 Like

Thanks you I’m glad you got day one started it’s the beginning of a new chapter, make it a good one.

1 Like

Together right? No reason for either of us to restart at least today right? Haha

2 Likes

Welcome Sean… this forum has been a wonderful support for me and has truly helped me in getting the clean time that I have today. I also was a chronic relapser who felt completely hopeless in ever being able to “get” recovery. Beaten down so many times that I honestly thought that addiction would be the end result of me. But here I am at 139 days clean and sober. There are alot of great suggestions here, tips and advice and amazing people who are super non judgmental. Hope u stick around and start getting some time under ur belt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Decided to work today to skip the holiday festivities… going pretty well so far. Thank you.

1 Like