Day one, here we go again

well, i was close to two weeks, but i guess it happens, i will fix it

6 Likes

It doesn’t have to happen!
It’s down to you.

3 Likes

Relapse is part of addiction not part of recovery. Hit a meeting or recovery service. Do something different this time

10 Likes

Almost 2 weeks is a good start! Glad you are back at it.

5 Likes

Almost 2 weeks is better than anything I’ve done in the past 4 or 5 years.

4 Likes

I’m a chronic relapser. Its all down to choices. We CHOOSE to get high. Now let’s choose recovery. What will you do different?

I’m getting close to 33 years. I had a spiritual experience at 25. One thing I’ve learned is that a belly full of alcohol and a head of AA ruins drinking. All we get is a 24 hour reprieve. Maybe your not ready, but don’t let anyone put you down. If you are truly an alcoholic your brain is wired to drink.

1 Like

Agreed, 90 in 90!

3 Likes

33 years old or 33 years of continuous sobriety. Whereabouts in the world are you.
Welcome to the battle ground where we fight addiction one day at a time. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

12/12/1986 is my sobriety date. It didn’t happen the first time. I’m in Colorado.

3 Likes

Off to bed. If you didn’t drink today you are a winner! God bless

1 Like

thanks, i will!!

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

I’m in the same boat. Day one again for me. We can do this. :blush:

3 Likes

I have had several "attempts " at sobriety. The first real one lasted a little over a year. I made the choice to start drinking again. Thought I could handle it. After all I was sober for a year right? Well wrong. In order to keep it short I will skip the details. It got back to where it was and quickly worsened.

Today is day 585. I analyzed what I did wrong and identified the triggers. I also am wiser about what will happen if I listen to the little voice that wants to drink.

Being sober is simple. Dont drink. It is a choice. Nobody put a gun to my head and made me drink. I can blame only myself.

I said bring sober is simple. I did not say easy. It is my responsibility to do whatever I need to do so that happens. I sure as heck did whatever I needed to so I could get drunk. I think this deserves at least as much effort.

You can do it!! The are tools to help get you through. User this app often . Read the suggestions ask questions. Keep an open mind. If you are willing to go to any lengths to be sober then you will win.

8 Likes

wee bit behind me glad to meet another old timer

Hello Ray, glad to be an old timer. I was 25 when I dropped the rock. Now I work with and see a lot of kids. I think it’s drugs more than Barley Corn. Anyway God bless!

1 Like

It’s good to have an AA and an NA old timer with a very similar number is years inert they’re belt. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Brian 34 when i got sober 67 now , today lots of programs on offer our day foot work and desire God Bless

1 Like

We’ve All gotten there One Day At A Time. Meetings, Steps and Service Work. Don’t forget your hire power!!! We don’t realize we are given something more in living life.