Day one here. 😪

Ive been here before. It has to be for real this time. My health is going, both mental and physical. My 16 yo son just told me *youre never going to change" im heartbroken!:broken_heart:

3 Likes

My son said the same to me but after being diagnosed with adhd and getting right medication here I am changing daily and it all starts with the inclination too change not how long it takes. I believe in you xx

6 Likes

Welcome back! What have you tried on the past? What’s your plan this time around to stay on track? I found putting down the drink was the easy part. Staying stopped is where the hard work comes in. I have to put the same amount of effort into my sobriety that I put into drinking. Since I was an everyday drinker, I have to do something to help my sobriety daily. That consists of going to AA,meetings or coming on this forum. I know I will lose anything I put in front of my sobriety.

1 Like

You have it you make a change. Its work day by day. It gets easier with time. Get a support group, share, show your son you can and will. I believe in you.

Welcome Vicky
And welcome back Elise.
Advice for new comers and constant relapsers

Have a good read around. Join in when you’re comfortable. I’m very active on here, and that, my gratitude work and my God give me strength to stay sober One Day At A Time
I hope to see y’all around.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Oh. And most importantly, an Open Mind to what works for others.