Day one, my 21st wedding anniversary

The pandemic has been awful for my drinking. Stress, lonely, uncertain for the future. At least we are both working and the kids are ok. But drinking is out of control. I’ve gone a year before, it’s time to stop again.

My wife has already poured a bourbon and coke and it’s noon.

I’ve set an alarm on my phone and watch to tell me every hour to just pray. Pray each hour. I know this gets easier and I know that I have to tell others to get support.

I can’t tie sobriety to and other goal because when those go away so does the reason to stay sober.

Pray, pray, pray every hour.

11 Likes

I starting up again during lockdown also. Not everyday, just a handful of times, but enough to make me realize I was losing the choice. I went to buy a few groceries and was compelled to buy wine. That loss of control combined with growing anxiety from my husband compelled me to stop. It helps my husband is not a drinker. Good luck on your journey, I do understand.

3 Likes

I’m at the end of the workday. So far so good. I just told my wife that I’m not drinking tonight. She is sending in the take out order for tonight and ordered wine for two. Both for her I assume. Fun fun.

And our neighbors just sent us wine lol. This is getting funny. But I’m focused.

1 Like

How’re you doing so far??:grimacing::blush:

1 Like

Thanks for asking! I just made a base for a mocktail. Crushed cucumber, simple syrup and lemon juice. I’m going to mix with tonic water later.

3 Likes

That sounds absolutely delicious! I hear a lot of determination in your voice. Once we recognize that alcohol is liquid misery, it becomes simple to recognize that we want nothing to do with it. I read (well audibled) Alan Carr’s “easy way” books for both drinking and smoking and I would HIGHLY recommend. Might be nice to have something you could throw on your headphones while in quarantine if you feel any sense of waivering around your wife. Stay strong buddy. Glad you’re here :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Hang in there Bud. I know its hard but you got this, praying is good. Stay strong

2 Likes

It was really good. Too sweet for every day but nice to have when my wife had a cocktail.

1 Like

Thanks man

My go-to is diet ginger ale…🤷😉

1 Like

One week in one hour

1 Like