Day one once more

Just one. Hmm maybe just one more. Ok no more after this one. 2 months later and I’m starting over again.

Shortly after my birthday I slipped up. I was 22 days sober. Then went on a 2 month bender. I woke up this morning feeling horrible. Extremely hungover.

This year I will take the steps to get clean and sober. Whatever it takes. Here’s to a new year!

10 Likes

Welcome back!! I’m glad you came back:)

Thank you :slight_smile:

Welcome back! Good luck to you!

Welcome back! I’ve done that so many times. I feel safe after a week or so sober and think I can have one or 2. But it turns into 5 or 6 and then a week long drinkcapade.

If you’d like another resources for recovery, I highly recommend Women For Sobriety. It is a free non 12 step program. It is mostly an online community of women from all walks of life and the world. There are in person meetings in most areas. The website is womenforsobriety.org. I had been using this community for several months but needed something more and wasn’t into AA when I found WFS. The program has really changed my approach and feelings on working sobriety. Feel free to PM if you want more info. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Its definitely hard I’ve had to restart yet again. I’m 3 and half days in this time and feeling the cravings more as time goes on but I’m staying strong this go around. I will definitely check out this website.

1 Like

20 days then 7 days now back to day 1…feeling hopeless.

Why hopeless? Hopeless would be if you couldn’t get through a day. You’ve gotten through a bunch. Now it’s a matter of figuring out what gets you. Reset. Recommit. Drive forward. Fail forward. One day will be your last day using. You won’t know that day has come, until that day has passed.

3 Likes

@Yoda-Stevie Thanks heaps man means alot.!

1 Like

Congrats on 3 and a half days! Keep going and stay strong. Women For Sobriety (WFS) is a great tool. One of the things you can participate in is the Daily Pledge. It’s just a way to verbalize (in writing) your commitment to sobriety. It just helps keep you accountable; no judgement if you do or not. It helps me on those days where I really struggle.

1 Like