Day one - Time to Recovery - Drugs and emotional disorder

Day one without weed. Not easy, some thoughts of consumming but still clean. Inam using that 12 Steps program, it help me a lot. I have also psychiatrist disorder… I dont know If it is because of my years of drinking and smoking but it is a difficulty in more to fight with. I am stuck. But I keep going and hope bring clean for years from now. One day by time. Addiction is a very big problem in a life story. Emotionnal disorder too. Courage to everyone !

7 Likes

Courage to you too! One day at a time.

Welcome to Talking Sober :wave:t2: :innocent:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on day 1 of ur recovery! I also am an addict with a mental health disorder and there definitly have been some extra challenges bcuz of it while getting clean. Its not impossible tho. Yhe right support and for myself… medication also helped. Hope u keep posting! Wishing u the best of luck!

2 Likes

Welcome, first 30 days are difficult! But what they say, one day at a time!

Some advice what some times helps me if I am feeling horrible of the withdrawals, is to say “I am grateful that I feel like this because it is a cause of the using.

You are mentally okay! If you weren’t okay you wouldn’t take the step to quit!

3 Likes

How is your Day 1 going?

2 Likes

I’m also on a cannabis free journey, coupled with anxiety, depression, and ADHD. I’m on day 6 and it’s hard, but we’re not alone :yellow_heart:

Edit to add: I recommend stocking up on ginger candy. It helped me a lot with the withdrawal nausea, which was no joke.

3 Likes

Today is my day 1 after 5 years I relapsed. My drug of choice is alcohol.

3 Likes

Welcome! What was it that changed, that would make you pick up again?

I let stress and feeling helpless fool me into having that one drink. I let my guard down and thought I could have just 1. Like Bill said we can’t have not even that one.

4 Likes

So bad to here! But watch out with the alcohol, it can lead you to use other drug. That is wat I hear from experience people.
Ps: I don’t want to scare you but just have that awareness! Keep it up!

Thanks ToufTouf, yeah I will keep in mind when it get harder : “It is okay, If I feel like that I am grateful because I am trying to get ride from Drugs ! And it is the process for it.”
Is that Right ? Have a nice day !
Day 2 for me !!!
:smiley:

Thanks Matt !

1 Like

Not that bad. Day 2 today !

Thanks ktiz, courage for your day 6 and so on. Togheter WE can !? <3

1 Like

No doubt, no doubt!

You are doing good! But still alcohol maybe a social thing but it’s also a drug!

If you quit everything is better! But trial and error do what you think is best for you!

From my experience and other if you drink and are off weed, you also can get ended by drinking in a mood off “I don’t care anymore, I will take a joint”

They learned me the following letters: words
H: ungry
A: angry
L: onely
T: ired
S: tress

These could be triggers for a relapse!

I am not perfect, I also make mistakes but I rather maker mistakes and learn from them, then not to make mistakes!

Congrats on day 2 fellow!

1 Like