Day one - why wait for new year

Maybe a good time to share what everyones motivations are?

Eeeop, Got nothing to do till Wednesday! Excited to have some solitude and time to catch up with myself. Got bit scared I’ll waste it wasted, so downloaded this app.
Hopefully I’ll get some sleep as well.
Other big motivation for me is getting my finances in order.

16 Likes

Not dieing a slow horrible death had a bit of an impact in the early days but now it’s seeing the faces on the people I care about when we do nice things together.

10 Likes

It’ll definitely help with your goal!
I’ve saved over £6000 that would have been spent on poison!

This is a great time of year to stop, I stopped in Dec as well, I went into Christmas and New year with a strong plan and head game, I’m rooting for you big time.

Get planning, get a good tool kit, get reading and watching information. You are awesome!

7 Likes

In the end, when in active addiction, all I wanted to do was die. While deep down knowing what I really wanted was wanting to live. So I choose to get sober and live and it was the best decision I ever made.

7 Likes

“In the end, when in active addiction, all I wanted to do was die. While deep down knowing what I really wanted was wanting to live”

That’s what motivated me as well @Mno. And welcome @Soup glad ur here. A good time to stop is anytime you stop,but this is a Christmas present to yourself. I started my sober journey to recover my true self after surviving a serious attempt to end myself. I am free happy and joyous. Sobriety is the shit! Be at ease and take it slow.

5 Likes

I got sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had so much unresolved trauma and pain and eventually I just knew I had to stop as it was making it feel so much worse. Welcome @Soup . Stick with us here! It’s a fantastic place for support, advice and be surrounded by sober folk. Merry Christmas!! I wish you well and look forward to seeing you around :hugs::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Talking Sober!

2 Likes

Welcome @Soup!
No better time to start than today!
Wishing you all the best on your journey.

2 Likes