Day one wish me luck!

Today is day one! I’m starting over! I’m sick of my lifestyle! Been drinking on the weekends and feeling like crap every Sunday terrible way to live. Arguing with my significant other and spending money that I shouldn’t. I’m done hopefully I can do this!!!

13 Likes

You certainly can do this, all that’s needed in the beginning is a desire to stop and to do life differently.

Meetings help, reading here and being honest with ourselves is a must. Hugs to you on your journey to freedom from insanity!

2 Likes

Good luck and be open to a hard fight. You got this, use the forum and the wise words to bolster your will and understanding that getting sober is magic.

Welcome back Tom,
You know how this forum works so take your time to find your place in the crowd :wink:
And congratulations with the most important day of sobriaty: day one!! :facepunch:

You can do it, but It requiers work. What are you going to add in ore cut out your life that helps you stay at the sober path?
For me I made a plan 5,5 years ago. A kind of list of things to help me with cravings and give my life some kind of direction. This is it:2 years sober and what helped me to get there: Maybe it helps you too to make a plan yourself.
Being here much was a big part of my recovery as well so…see you around!! :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Its nothing to do to with luck…if you are prepared to put the work in to stay sober you can do it…you need a solid plan friend…this thread is amazing for that… What's YOUR plan?

I wish you well on your journey, welcome :people_hugging:

2 Likes

You got this man! Remember, dont be so hard on yourself & easy does it!