Day one without a drink

today is my very first day without a drink… kinda grumpy. I didn’t cook, and my house is a mess. I tried making so many excuses to drink— but I kept calm and didn’t even try… but i was tempted many times. Even my boyfriend asked if I wanted a drink, I said no and that was it- he still had one and I just kept checking in on this app and reading comments everyone has left me to keep me distracted.

Im in bed already. Still trying to distract myself. I’ve been reading a lot today. I think that’s what I’ll be doing more of. Maybe writing too. I even thought getting back into the gym.

Drinking was always a motivation for me. But my body is so tired—I feel bloated… I’m realizing my body craving alcohol and Im just being hard on myself. I’ll clean my house tomorrow- I’ll go to work tomorrow, I’ll get things done tomorrow without a drink.

Today I tried. And i did good. I just feel a lot of feelings and I feel extremely weird. I can’t really explain it. But day one was hard.

12 Likes

Congrats on your day 1. That’s gonna be the most important day in your journey for sobriety. Checking in here and reading helps a lot. Keep doing what your doing and add things to help you stay sober day by day. Great job :+1:

2 Likes

Sometime its easier to take it a moment at a time, or ten minutes at a time, its a process. This lifestyle is a journey not an event. Good job and congrats!

3 Likes

Good work! Check in as often as needed! You are laying your sober head on your pillow. THAT IS A WIN

2 Likes

You are making a great decision. Nothing good will come out of you starting to drink again.

1 Like

Way to go!!! First day beat. Feel proud of yourself. This is a fabulous community and a great way to get in touch with like minded people dealing with similar issues. Many days i don’t have the strength to participate but do make sure to check in on the many threads to keep me grounded and on my sober path.
This new lifestyle is truly one day at a time…you got this :+1:

4 Likes

Day 1 is the hardest, yet you made it…despite any temptations. That is awesome. Nice job!

2 Likes

CocoLove: How did Day 2 go for you? Still hangin’ in there alright?

Hanging in there ! Made it through Day 2. Tried to keep busy, but going to work helped. Tomorrow is my day off, kinda nervous With all the time I will have.

Thanks for checking in. I sure do appreciate it.

4 Likes

Fantastic! One day at a time…

How are you doing today?
Congratulations with your decision to quit and have a different life, a sober one.
I know how difficult it is to become sober. But I also can say it’s doable.
Focus on today. Find distraction and keep the mind busy so it has less time to talk you into drinking. Think about up front what to do when cravings occur. For me it helps to talk about it, eat something I like (chocolat :yum:) ore do something active like walking ore working out.
Be active here as well!
There is so much info to find here and the people here do all understand where you are going trough. This app is amazing if you are using it well.
So see you around!! :raising_hand_woman:

3 Likes