Day two here

Hi guys. I’m a single mom of one. I suffer from depression and anxiety and I’ve battled my own demons for as long as I can remember. I currently never drink around my child but when I have a bad day I’ll drink until black out, I can’t stop, and basically make a complete ass out of myself. I’ve never had to drink daily and I’ll go weeks without but then I lose myself and turn to it, drinking until I’m a mess. Well I finally decided that I can’t do that anymore. I need to stop completely. I started journaling, meditation and I have a therapist. Please send me tips and warm wishes. I’ve never tried to go completely sober but I feel like it’s the only way to go. I hope I can be the best I can be for my child, and maybe myself. Thanks for listening. <3

7 Likes

I so relate to what you wrote - also chronic anxiety and depression using alcohol to numb. I’m not a mom unless you count my fur-babies, but I do stay at home and have issues with isolation. My binges started like yours, but blew up to where I was binging for days and then down for the count for days of recovery, only to cycle back through it. Starting with intense anxiety in the hangover/withdrawals and then depression combined with numbing with alcohol. You are making the best decision for you, congratulations! And the long term benefit to your child/ren is a wonderful effect. This forum has helped me so much. Particularly when I’m struggling or having cravings, I just come on here and read or look through the many lists of resources and it helps put things in perspective. Knowing we are not alone is soooo valuable in this process. Welcome, and hope you continue to be a part of this community! The daily check in is great.

3 Likes