DBT - Your thoughts about it

Was thinking… I accidentally came across this workbook (DBT) for people with borderline and couldn’t help noticing similarities between this disorder and people, like myself, that have been taking drugs for so many years that I forgot how to be ‘normal’ (like handle feelings, everyday life and so on…).
Have any of you experience working with this approach?
Long shot, I know…

8 Likes

What is DBT?

1 Like

DBT - Dialectical behavior therapy… For instance, if one lack patience in a supermarket que and it feels unbearable, one could get a exercise which suggests that you switch your focus… For instance, what are people wearing, whats in their baskets and so on…

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I appreciate it… Both your time answering and for welcoming me!

Welcome Daria! I have not tried DBT but it has peaked my interest after seeing others mentioning it here on the forum.

1 Like

I’m doing another form of therapy aimed at helping people with BPD (among others) called schema therapy. Extremely helpful to me and many connections to addiction. There’s a book called ‘reinventing your life’ by the psychologist who designed schema therapy, Yeffrey Young, that’s aimed at everybody, and draws on the same principles as the therapy does. Might be worth looking into too. Welcome to TS!

2 Likes

Also working on the acronym A.C.C.E.P.T.S helps and is full circle with soothing senses.

1 Like