DCS wants you to do better.. Or thats what i tell myself

My partner and I are currently involved with DCs
they remove my children December 2020 I am grateful that all my kids are placed in the same foster care home and I am able to speak to them regularly and also attend visitations 4 hours every weekend
my partner and I have been sober since their removal participating in substance abuse treatment and PSI testing counseling , parenting classes weekly and today we actually finally got a parent aide to help with our skill sessions and supervised visits I finally feel like there is progression in my case I know it’s still a long road ahead but at least I have the light at the end of the tunnel and my sobriety I know starting this is very scary and I felt so alone but I’m starting to realize that I am not alone and that I am doing this but only for my kids but for myself and I am grateful to just to have this chance

8 Likes

Hi. Just wanted to say that it sounds like you’re doing an amazing job at doing what’s best for your kids and yourself. Keep up the great work and I’m sure you guys will be back together and stronger than ever soon. I hope you are proud of yourself and I’m excited to hear more about your sober journey as you keep moving forward. Best of luck. :hugs:

Like I literally wrote that post myself.

DCS placed my kids in foster care, and initially I was full of incredible trepidation, plenty of fear, untold amounts of rage, sadness at my lack of character.

Been sober since they took the kids over 3 years ago. Did the drug tests, did the IOPs, did the parenting skills sessions, did the supervised visits, did the therapy.

THAT WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED. I was able to focus on me, get sober and become a more complete and actually happy person. Family dynamics got so much better, learned some things. You don’t really know what you have got until it’s gone ya know.

My kids were in foster care from January to August. 7 months and they were back in our care. The more you smash through the “program”, the better you communicate with the caseworker and aide, as long as you pee clean every time and don’t miss out, you’ll get them kids back in no time.

Take the opportunity they’ve given you, set yourself and your family of success.

4 Likes