Dealing with death

I’ve been clean 3weeks 5 days today was a rough day. My Dad died 8months ago and I numbed the pain with crack. Today I couldn’t stop crying it felt like my dad just died anyone else go through the same thing when they became sober

5 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like

Hey, I don’t share a lot here, but I as others have lost loved ones and peeps in recovery (or whatever word you want to use)…Please know you are not alone in this. Be well.

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother about a year and a half into sobriety. I had all the pain and tears at 100%, and in the end, I’m really glad that I did. Grieving the Death of a loved one is a terrible full throttle, knock you down to your knees experience…I had to be sober to actually GO THROUGH it all. To feel it and process it. And to not run away from it like I would have in the past. And now, about three years after the fact, I still love and miss my mother all the time…but I have processed my grief in a non self destructive way and I try to honor her by living my life well. Sending you lots of love tonight. Know that you are not alone, and people are thinking about you. I am thinking about you.:yellow_heart:

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. Keep your head up!

It’s hard. I was 6 months sober a couple of years ago and a close friend of mine passed away. I went back to boozing daily, it really fucked with me.

But here I am again, at 5 months. It gets easier to handle after time.

I wish you the best with your recovery, and may your dad rest in peace.

1 Like

I think it has more to do with how we grieve. After we lost my brother it didn’t hit me for over a year. Back in July my father passed. It hasn’t really hit me yet.

1 Like