Dear Allie

A Goodbye Letter to Allie Cohol.

My dearest, sweet Allie,

My love for you was born the moment I placed my eager lips to the sweetness of your enticing red glow. You were cradled in a crystal goblet calling to my impressionable curiosity as my family celebrated Thanksgiving in the adjoining room. I sipped your forbidden enticement having barely stumbled out of childhood, knowing it was wrong. Alone in the kitchen I drank all of what you offered that day and soon recognized the beauty of your warmth.
I was yours, forevermore.

Over the years, and through all of your costume changes my love for you grew and grew. I was yours from your golden bubbly dresses that became my favorite way to swallow everything you had to offer, to your silky brown evening gowns as you played the part of Lady Whiskey.

And let us not forget, most recently, your role as Madam Vodka. You would bare it all for me, showing nothing, simply allowing me to feel those calming effects flood my brain in that most elusive costume of all.

You were energetically by my side through my teens at parties, concerts and eventually you were my first date at my first bar. When I went off to college you lovingly placed yourself in my hand and came along for the four-year-ride. I didn’t recognize it immediately but you slowly began to turn it up a notch.

Do you remember introducing me to that insanely unstable, powdered-faced mess named Miss CoCo Caine? It took me years to stop calling that deceptive witch. Unfortunately, until recently, I was still dropping her a line!

Then, of course, there was that other paragon of stability you felt it necessary to make my acquaintance: the constantly wavering and notably colorful Miss Ellie S. Dee.

It was at this time I began to wonder if you truly had my best interests in mind, however, my love for you was still too strong to seriously question your intentions. We finally finished up college and soon after, for years, it was mostly just you and me again with those occasional visits from ‘ole Coco and Ellie.

We settled down to one or two neighborhood bars and I continued to notice you turning against me. The doubt in my feelings for you grew and grew, fertilized by the ramifications of all my wasted time with you. I was on to you as evidenced by the increasing multiple costume changes on the same nights in your fluttering desire to entrap me. I was waking up.

Our love was truly never reciprocal. You simply presented yourself to me in receptacles masked with that false beauty hiding your true long term intent: my inevitable destruction. You invested decades into my demise driven by what can only be surmised as the eternal and universal evil that pervades every corner of this fallen world.

After years and decades entangled in the most torrid love affair of my life, I finally and miraculously caught on to your insipid intent. Fortunately, although you have stolen from me precious time, I have finally seen a light crackle over the horizon of your dark resolve.

So sweet Allie, it is now I must bid you good riddance. I can hate you and I can hate myself for allowing this decades-long fall into your black widow’s web. I won’t. Hatred would imply I still actually care about you. I will steady myself into the sturdy saddle of Humility and ride towards the light of Freedom. Away from you.

You will be left preparing for your next victim and, with my great relief, the knowledge that I will nevermore be yours. For the record, you can chalk this one up as your loss, not mine. The memory of that first sweet sip you used to pull me in will soon fade into nothing but a laughable bad decision made by an impressionable young man.

Goodbye Allie.

12 Likes

I really enjoy your writing. Thanks for sharing.

5 Likes

Wow…. Amazing.

3 Likes

Excellent post, thank you!

3 Likes

This was an incredible read :heart_hands:

3 Likes

This really touched my heart so much and I had to do the same thing 11 months ago. I feel you my friend :heart::blush::smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes