Dear Diary... It's Me Again

You will❤️

1 Like

So I slept like crap… going to look into some nighttime tea and maybe some melatonin.

2 days!!! Yay!!! Lots of sugar cravings but I’ve been down this road before so I already know. Made it to the gym again today and that felt really good. Back to work on Saturday so that should help with having too much time on my hands. The money that i would have spent on alcohol the past few days I spent at the pet store for a fee new fish for my boo and some other trinkets for the tank. :grin:

3 Likes

Last night was not a good night… I broke. I know it had only been a few days but I am so upset with myself. I only had a little bit but that’s not the point :cry:

How u feeling now ? Have u tried meetings… they are the only thing tha00t has helped me so far … i feel understood for the first time ever when i go to meetings x

I fell off again but I’m back at it again. This is such a hard battle to fight :cry: I feel so weak that I can’t seem to beat this smh

2 Likes

Hi, I think you have to have all sorts of supports in place , - when you start climbing the walls it really doesn’t last more than a couple of hours, so interrupt those thoughts. Have a bath, eat dinner early, find yourself another drink, I have grapefruit juice - I find bitter / sour ones work best ( have it , even if u don’t feel like it) if you normally crave at a certain time, eat something or do something b4 that time comes. Out a spike in its wheel

1 Like

Something has to give this time… SERIOUSLY. I restarted my tracker again yesterday and it’s almost been 24 hours. I feel like such a failure :disappointed:

I’m exactly the same since I was 18.
Im 3 days in and trying alcohol free beer to stem the craving.

I have a virtual appointment with my Dr Monday for a referral for help. I’ve really been struggling lately with depression and ptsd… self medicating isn’t working out well at all.

I almost forgot how hard I crave sugar when I stop drinking :lollipop::candy::cupcake::cookie::pie::doughnut::icecream:

So tomorrow is my day off… I know if I don’t plan it out then I’m going to really struggle :unamused:

Tomorrow I will begin working on my small business that I have neglected far too long. I make bath and body products and need to plan my holiday line. Between that and my virtual Dr appointment to get help with my depression and ptsd, I should not only keep busy but also have some fun :blush:

3 Likes

That sounds cool; show us your progress on your products! The spa next to my work sells salt scrubs in different “flavors”. It’s got vitamin E oil in it, so nice…!

2 Likes

I sure will! It’s something I really enjoyed until I feel like my life fell apart. I just didn’t have an interest in doing it… or I’d start a project, get drunk and never finish smh

1 Like

Very proud of myself…

In just a few hours I will have 3 full days sober :heart: I even stayed strong after coming home from work last night finding my boyfriend drunk as hell. I could have easily fell off but I didn’t even when I saw the open bottle. It was funny because this morning after cracking jokes about how he was acting, I had to ask him was that how I would act? He’s normally not a heavy drinker so it’s like the roles were reversed and I was sober taking care of an adult who could barely stand… making him eat so he wouldn’t feel so bad this morning… then filling in all the missing pieces of what happened this morning. IT WAS EXHAUSTING… HE WAS EXHAUSTING lol but now I see how he felt so often. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

That’s growth, Nicole. And seeing it first hand how it really is something you don’t need or want in your life or body. Good girl, I’m really proud of you too!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was really worried about how I would feel being around it and seeing others drinking and having a good time because his birthday party is coming up. I know I still have a ways to go but I could have easily given in but I didn’t and was able to wake up this morning without a hangover or even worse… that feeling of knowing alcohol won again :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Seeing what drinking really does to someone while you’re sober is for me, a huge aha moment. It sounds like fun but it’s really not.
Finish today strong girl!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Less than 6 hrs… I’ll have 1 whole week alcohol free! My boyfriend told me he was so proud of me yesterday… more importantly I’M PROUD OF ME!

1 Like