Death in Recovery

Hello, Tomorrow we lay to rest.
A young man that has been best friends with my daughter and son-in-law for many years. He called me my his kids called me Grandma.
Recently did like sixteen months In rehabilitation For his addiction, He passed of an overdose! I have so much inner turmoil, I left that area and have stayed clean i feel like if i was home maybe i could have helped, in reality i know i could not have! I lost my husband when he was in a drunk driving accident at 31, This has brought back so many feelings. And I really have no one out here to share my feelings with other than my sponsor, I love her so much! I do know I don’t have to use today. Nor do I want to! I just want to shake the world and make all these young kids understand well, I say young kids but they are adults in their thirties! I have begun steps 1, 2 and 3 over…:sob::broken_heart: Having a hard time staying focused!

11 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss! You’ve had to live through some very tough times and to lose another person to their addiction is just heartbreaking. We can feel so helpless in such moments. I’m so glad you are reaching out and doing what you can to stay sober. Sending you love and strength.
:people_hugging::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

Sorry for your loss Tina stick close to you sponsor wish you well

1 Like