Deciding to quit everything

Been off the blow for over 4 months and I’ve been doing amazing. I’ve never been an alcoholic, but every time I drink I crave the other stuff so badly. So I’ve decided that it’s time for me to quit everything. If I want to stay on this path I cannot let myself be brought closer to a slip up. Every time I drink I feel that much closer to it and I don’t want to feel out of control anymore.

17 Likes

Welcome Jayden.
Congratulations on your 4 months of clean time.
Very good decision IMO. There’s lots of people on here with more than one addiction and eventually gave up both or more. This is a great sober community for support. Have a good read around. Join in when your willing.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Good choice. Me to. I’ve been transferring addictions for years. New day. New life. 5 days off booze and 2 days off ciggies. Using nrt for now.

3 Likes

Very good choice, I used to drink and it led to relapse on meth a few times. This time round (6 months) I decided to listen to what NA had to say on the subject and follow the rules. Now I am clean and sober!

2 Likes

Welcome! Honestly I think that’s a great decision! For myself, it was only until I quit absolutly everything, that I was truly able to feel that freedom from addiction. Sure, over the many years ive tried to quit, I’d quit 1 drug for maybe a “less harmful” drug but I inevitably returned to the hard stuff (and actually I ended up in worse scenarios than before). Plus, I was told that as soon as I put ANY form of mind altering substance into my body, I release the disease of addiction all over again. And this is true for me :100: I just gotta keep that demon at bay by not picking up anything. So I fully agree with u on quitting it all! I’m glad ur here :slight_smile: keep posting and reaching out to others. Don’t be afraid to ask for help! And take it literally 24 hours at a time :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s awesome! That’s what I decided to do too. It’s so hard to drink or do anything and not want to do the thing you are addicted too. For the first time I actually feel like I have full control of the situation.

Thank you :blush:! I appreciate the support!

2 Likes

Good for you Jayden! It’s a nice feeling getting free, isn’t it? Take it one day at a time and you’ll get there. :innocent:

In my early sobriety I did a lot of reading and listening (books, podcasts) about my addiction and I felt empowered by the learning. There’s a good selection of stuff here:

Resources for our recovery

Take care and don’t give up. You’re a good person and you deserve a safe, sober life where you can be your full self.

1 Like

Welcome to TS Jayden! 4 months is amazing! You should feel very proud. How long have you been alcohol free?

1 Like

Thank you :). Today is day 4 alcohol free for me! I wasn’t heavy often, but every time I did drink I wouldn’t stop. I would just drink until I was hammered and I realized it was becoming a toxic thing to do. Trying to replace the coke with something else.

1 Like

That’s how I was. Once I started drinking, I didn’t stop till it was bedtime. I never drank to get hammered, nor would I ever “act” drunk, when I was. I was “always in control”. Which of course leads to doing stupid things like driving intoxicated.

But good for you! I hope you feel proud.

1 Like