Definitely doing it this time!

I am so sick and tired of relapsing. Just finished day 3 tonight. Got totally drunk and stupid 3 days ago. Guilt. Shame. Low self esteem. I missed work. Was sick for 2 days. I am done with this poison now.

Going to start the medication my psychologist gave me. He is sending another medication too. Its suppose to help with cravings. I am getting older and need to take care of my health. I dont want to die from alcohol.

Is there somebody i can contact on a daily basis for help and motivation? Accountability partner maybe? Thanks everybody. Its time to turn my life around.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about your struggles but glad to hear you’re looking ahead to get back up and fight for yourself. Anytime you need someone to chat with, reach out. I don’t mind, I understand there are good days and bad days and sometimes it helps to know you have another person in your corner. Keep your head up and take 1 day at a time.

1 Like

A very warm welcome to this community @NashNathan.
Great having you here. These forum is an amazing place. You’ll find so many nice and caring people on here. They’ll offer support and sharing their stories. Just try and read through the different threads. It is amazing.
I heartily recommend the " checking in daily to maintain focus" thread. There’s always someone around and it’ll help you to stay accountable.
Wishing you all the best on your journey. Take it one day at a time and keep us updated. A happy sober Wednesday to you :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Congrats on getting to day 3 Nathan. It does get easier so do stick with it. I do hope the medications your psychologist provides does help with the cravings.

I do agree that the check in thread will be very helpful for you - for your accountability and also for a place to connect with others who are struggling with similar addiction(s).

Checking in daily to maintain focus #58

1 Like