Deleting posts and topics

Why are we not allowed to delete posts?

This annoys me too.

1 Like

I wish I knew exactly why this was. @robin @JustL hope they can answer your question. For the time being you can message me directly and let me know what post you want deleted.

I get why you can’t delete a post for sure. let’s say I start a post. Then 10 or 15 or 100 people reply to said post. Good replies. Replies that help one or more of the thousands of views the post will get.

Then one day I decide for whatever reason that I wanna delete the post that I started. What happens to the replies? What happens to all the strength expirience and Hope that was offered in those replies? . By default they would get deleted too because they are on my post. And that would be a shame because if it helps one single person to read all those replies then it is worth it. That’s what it is all about.

So yeah, I get it. I could be totally wrong. Lol. But I’m pretty sure this is why we can’t delete our post.

5 Likes

You can delete a post is my understanding but if you create a thread and someone responds you can not delete it. You may however edit the text you made, which I think might have happened on this one?

1 Like

Ahhh. By “post I started” I meant “thread I started”.

1 Like

All good my man. I was trying to type it as you responded. I would of left your very great response be enough.

You are allowed to delete or edit any of your posts, but you are can’t delete the first post of a topic (aka thread) as that would delete the entire thread and all replies below it. It’s just how the forum’s software works, but even if it could do it I’m not sure if that would be a good thing.

It allows for endless harassment and troll opportunities.

2 Likes