200 (7)

11 Likes

Apparently it is not okay. My banishment from the lounge has been extended lol

4 Likes

Wasn’t me, LOL.

1 Like

Reckon somebody’s done it for a laugh. It wasn’t me though either :rofl:

2 Likes

It is a cute picture for sure. However, the reality is the picture broke the rules and someone flagged it. It was an easy flag to rule on as it clearly broke the rule of no nipples.

Rule #6 Do not post sexually explicit material. And please do not post topless photos or photos showing nipples (regardless of gender) - such photos will be removed.

This rule was instituted after a group of members came to the moderators over the course of several months and asked for no more topless photos. Most members of the forum agreed with the new rule.

For those needing a refresh, here are the Talking Sober Rules and Guidelines…

4 Likes

Y’all, we agreed #nonips was a hard and fast rule. Didn’t approve this one myself, but would have as we said we will.

Cute pic though, @Englishd.

2 Likes

maybe take a walk and get some air? there’s clearly a lot you like about being a member of the forum, why leave yet again over a rule you don’t agree with? don’t let that one little objection outweigh all the positives you find about the forum. seems silly to me, but you do you.

2 Likes

Well, the rules apply to everyone, no exceptions. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Happy to delete you if you desire. Being here should be a value add, not something that drains or upsets you. Just let me know if you are serious.

4 Likes

Forum members asked for the rule, so the moderators asked the forum and folks were for it. The rules apply to everyone, no exceptions. You post a nip pic, someone flags it, it gets removed.

Let me know if you would like to be deleted again.

3 Likes

It’s a picture that is clearly against the posted rules. The rule wasn’t created on some fly by night whim.

2 Likes

Is titty tape acceptable???

5 Likes

Hey man. Are you suffering from H.A.L.T. (Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired)? Maybe it’s best to chill out, say a serenity prayer or two and come back to this at another time. I have a feeling your perspective may be playing tricks on you. It’s not about censoring a guy with his kids at the beach, it’s simply about nipples from what I can tell.

Tradition 1 of AA, or any 12 step program:

1. Our common welfare should come first; personal recovery depends upon AA unity.

Don’t let some BS outside stressor push you into isolation. All I’ve got to say.

6 Likes

How many sex addicts are on here that would rather not see nipples of the male or female variety? The rule is there to protect people and help everyone focus on sobriety. Perspective man.

6 Likes

What’s the difference between gym selfies and that picture? Because he’s at the beach, with his kid? Shirtless is shirtless.

If you want to be deleted, again, pm me.

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I guess I’ll get ya next time

2 Likes

If I recall - some of the concern was gender related. If I post a topless pic of me (female) it’d be flagged. That made some of the members uncomfortable (different rules for different genders).

5 Likes

no I wouldn’t :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Canadian songstress Jann Arden once described the strangest thing between her, er, breasts… leading us audience on for several moments (concerned for her health and wellbeing) - until she realized it was her navel. :joy:

1 Like

I seem to recall it was about the abundance of shirtless gym selfies. It was then decided that there couldn’t be a pick and choose what was acceptable and what was not so no topless picks at all.

Derek and his kid at the beach don’t bother me one bit but sometimes it’s best to have one rule for everything. Sadly the rule is meant to prevent conflict…not create. :weary:

10 Likes