Desperate cry for help

I just got out of jail for a DWI and I was sober for months and relapsed bad last night. I’m the only drunk in my family and the only jail bird. My siblings are so pissed and refusing to talk to me. And my parents…my poor parents I have put them through hell and they don’t know what to do although they always try to help me. I’m afraid of why I do this to myself and am hoping to find someone who can help me on the journey to a clean sober life…sort of like a sponsor. I just feel so ashamed, embarrassed and am hating myself for hurting those around me.

15 Likes

What an incredible and courageous step you are taking. Even though you differ from your siblings, you aren’t the only one who is broken. They, too, have their own burdens to carry. Right now, focus on your own healing…

1 Like

Hey man
I know your story all to well, I have 3 dwis, haven’t had a license in 7 years. Tried killing myself 3 times, put my parents through hell, and yet for some reason I kept digging a hole. You can do it man, sitting with those feelings isn’t easy, it’s hard it’s scary, it’s a whole different lifestyle that were afraid of. Alcohol lies to us and tells us it will give is great things but does nothing but ruin are lives. Sobriety at least gives us that fighting chance to be the best version of are self’s, no life isn’t gonna be rainbows and just always beautiful, we have to be with are feelings, and thoughts and take them head on, sobriety shows you how strong you can be. For now just stand back up, brush the dust off and fight another day. You don’t need to think about forever, just today that’s it. Keep it simple, keep checking in and talk to us. And welcome to the community

6 Likes

We tell ourselves for so long that we need help to cope with life. That makes us feel even weaker. Don’t set and beat yourself up over what you’ve done. Decide that your worth putting in the work to be the person you want to be. It’s hard and its scary but you can do it

2 Likes

Welcome. This is a great first step. I would suggest reading as much as you can on here, and be active. We are all here to help

2 Likes

Thankyou sincerely for this because I’ve never felt so much like a failure. My family doesn’t understand why I drink and I’m just a mess. Now facing this legal charge makes me feel like even more crap.

1 Like

Welcome Diane. Glad you’re here. Alone it’s too much but together we’re strong. Hoping to see a lot more of you here. Posting, commenting, supporting, getting support. It takes work to walk this road but it is so worth it. And we understand because we’re all in this same boat called addiction. Success!

2 Likes

I’ve currently just joined my first AA meeting. I just want to stay committed so back so that I can get my life back on track. Thankyou all for the support because I desperately need it. :heart::heart:

6 Likes

Welcome Dee. There are a couple of condensed starter threads, lots of ideas on how to get and stay sober. Try Resources for our recovery, that one has lots and lots of great ideas.

I have seen people get sober behind the devastation of a DUI on their lives. And I’ve seen people, like me, who simply had to keep drinking no matter what. But during my last arrest for DUI, I had a moment when I was given the message that everything was going to be alright and I would be able to stop drinking. Anyone willing enough can get sober at any point in their journey, and I wish blessings on your house for you at this juncture in your journey. :pray:

4 Likes

Welcome :blush: you’ll find a lot of support here​:+1:

1 Like

Thankyou so much for your kind words. Laying here in bed at 4 am and reading this post has made me so emotional. Even now only 2 days sober, but as easy as it is to just give up and continue to live in a world of delusions I know that I can no longer afford to be put myself in a position where I am going down even further in the rabbit hole. I absolutely love your post and once again thankyou. I wish nothing but peace and blessing upon you and all your loved ones :pray:

2 Likes

2 days is a great start. The past is gone, the future isn’t promised, so be the best you can today. I know how hard it is in the early days, i remember well, but i promise you it’ll get better if you put work into your recovery. The more you do for your recovery the stronger it will become.

Things will get better.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see you here now Dee. These first days are tough. We’ve all been there. I’m very glad and very proud you’re hanging in there. Keep going! It will get easier. Together we can do this.

1 Like

I’m glad you’re here, better days are ahead. This experience can be the catalyst to your best life, my friend. Hugs…:gift_heart:

1 Like