Detoxing from alcohol

88 hours sober. Heart fluttering, increased heart rate, anxiety, lump in throat, sweating and dizziness. Anyone else experience this?

3 Likes

Yes that’s pretty normal. You’ll probably sweat like crazy in your sleep too! If I were you I would drink lots of water and make sure you’re eating well of taking vitamins to replace your nutrients. If it really becomes completely terrible I would take a benedryl to help you relax . Good luck!

5 Likes

Yeah I am binge drinking so would binge for a couple of weeks. The withdrawals are the worse. But make sure you eat. Definitely get fruit and vegetables in your diet. Vitamin supplements a must. See also b1 thiamin that is also very important for a drinker as it’s needed for the brain

3 Likes

What does b1 do for the brain? At the moment mine feels like an excel spreadsheet with 500 open tabs!

2 Likes

Yes I am right there with you! I am shaking so bad, my heart is racing, head hurting, sweating & freezing at the same time. This is so horrible! I hope you get to feeling better, you’re not alone in this fight.

3 Likes

Gravol and powerade got me through my evening shift. Then slept for 15 hours!!! But that’s ok! I’d rather sleep than drink any day!!

1 Like

It’s totally normal guys - if you’ve been hitting it hard the comedown’s horrible.
Lots of water, rest, keep occupied (mentally, if you’re too exhausted to get out and do physical activity), binge-watch TV, read, overeat (wtf), you’ll be missing sugar, so have some!

1 Like

Hi @PAWS44 well the alcohol group I go to my alcohol group straight away told me that I need to contact my doctor to get this vitamin because the alcohol effects the brains function and also detected to alcohol dementia. Here is some info I got below.

Therefore, thiamine is often prescribed during the treatment of alcoholism, especially during the withdrawal period. Research has shown that there are reduced blood levels of thiamine in people who are alcohol dependent, compared with those with no history of alcohol abuse. The consumption of thiamine supplements appears to bring vitamin levels closer to those seen in control participants.

Supplementation of dietary intake of thiamine in people who are alcohol dependent remains an important measure for the prevention of thiamine deficiency disorders such as WKS in this population (Rees & Gowing, 2012).

There are European and British guidelines which recommend dosages of thiamine (three times daily) derived from previous research, in order to avoid consequences of vitamin B1 deficiency such as WKS

1 Like

You can do it Collie we’re all here for you