Detoxing in hospital

Hi all just wanted to introduce myself, I’ve just read all enspiring stories. I’m currently in hospital detoxing for about the sixth time, 24 hours at a time don’t have a drink. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do but people do it, I will keep in touch x

22 Likes

Good to hear from you Jackie! Stay strong. Get all the help you can. That includes help from all of us here. Which to me has been the difference between failure in the past and success this time. Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Keep it strong Jackie !! and welcome to ST :v:t2:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Jackie! :wave:t2: wishing you strength to get through your detox. Keep checking in with us!

2 Likes

Thanks for your kind words x

1 Like

Hi and welcome :raising_hand_woman:
Its great your here with us, bad or good day let us know were here for it all to support eachother, thanks for joining us on this journey we share.

1 Like

Well. Survived first night of detox, not pleasant as I’m sure most of you know, hope to be discharged Monday, start of a new life, hope you all have a good sober day xx

4 Likes

You’re doing great jackie. Keep going.

2 Likes

How ever your feeling, what ever your going through come here and share it with us :slightly_smiling_face:
Theres always someone who has or is still going through it and can support you.
Your doing really well.
Im here if you need me.

6 Likes

I was discharged yesterday with o further detox required, shal be getting signed off work this week is very lucky to still have my job as they are aware of the situation. This week is about getting well ie food and sleep. Each day will get better I know. Hope you all have a great sober day. It’s once we feel better the temptation comes back again to drink as well all now. But that’s when the hard work starts…for 24 hours I will not drink, one day at a time eh, thanks all for your support :heart: Be safe all xx

4 Likes

Hope you are having a good day! Your right one day at a time is all we can ask for. Keep your head up and we all are here to help if needed. Stay safe!

2 Likes

Send you strenght and good vibes :yellow_heart::sunflower:

1 Like

Once the mental obsession is lifted, the temptation is gone. What are your plans to lift this? For me, it was working a 12 step program at AA. Here’s a link with some great resources put together by fellow forum members: Resources for our recovery

H.A.L.T. is very helpful when cravings or urges arise. Ask yourself, are you hungry, angry, lonely or tired? You’ll be surprised how much better you’ll feel when all of these are addressed.

Wishing you the best on your journey.

4 Likes

Hang in there friend