Did i relapse?

This is my first time trying to get clean. I haven’t done any opiates since December 28th but i ended up going to a rave last night and someone gave me acid to do, and I took it. Would you consider that a relapse? Its not my drug of choice. Actually the first time I’ve done it in 6+ years.

Relapse is usually something you’re addicted to. Depends on if you chose not to do ANY drugs at all
?
Just be careful though with not replacing one addiction for another.A clear mind is always better.

2 Likes

Hmm, thank you for your input :slight_smile: i want to stay clean from everything. I’m well aware how easy it can be to replace one addiction with another, main reason I want to be completely sober. Last night I was just kinda like “eh, its been years one hit don’t hurt”. I need to stop with that kinda thinking. That’s how I became an addict in the first place

3 Likes

I wouldn’t count it. Like @Restlesssoul said, relapse is what you were dependent on.

My husband smokes weed for sleep, and I’ve smoked maybe twice since getting sober. I could take it or leave it, I really don’t like the stuff. Did I consider that a relapse? Definitely not. Hope that helps.

2 Likes

@Elisabeth, if you can leave it, I’ll take it…? Lol

3 Likes

@alpine_1975 lol, denied. :wink:

2 Likes

Its good that you are aware of what the start of your addiction was. Todays a new day you can live without any substances I wish you the best.:heart:

I’m going to disagree with the others. To me it isn’t the substance that matters but your reasoning for why you took it. Did you take the acid because you wanted to get high? Then that would be a relapse. My drug of choice is alcohol but I wouldn’t switch to pot thinking it was anything different. I’m still using a substance to alter my reality…to numb whatever it is that I’m feeling the need to numb.

Just my 2 cents worth.