Didnt make 30 days

I just recently started therapy not many sessons. But things in my head got the best of me on my 30 day mark. I just feel so disappointed in myself. I just want to do whats best for myslef and my family and this isnt it.

6 Likes

Hey! Take that disappointment and channel it into what you do want - I know you’re frustrated, but you can learn from this is you choose to. Moving forward- what can you do the next time you’re tempted? What tools will you use to stay sober??

2 Likes

Hey there, milestones in themselves can throw up alot of emotion and mental difficulty…ive seen it alot in here and ive experienced it myself…what was it that came up for you that knocked you off track? You dont have to answer that here unless you want to but its something for you to really think about…dont beat yourself up, give yourself some compassion here and instead work out what brought you to this part of your journey and go from there

1 Like

Hi Joseph and welcome,

Those clean days are not gone! You learned tools how to beat cravings and you felt what those clean days did to your body and mind.

But it seems you need some extra? Maybe online meetings? Maybe be more active here?

What I do when I have a craving? I come here to vent about it. It really helps to get the strenght out of it. And it’s always a wave, they come and go. Distraction helps me as well, so I walked a lot in the beginning of my recovery.

You can be, start where you left it! :hugs:

2 Likes

Welcome, Joseph. Getting to the 30 day mark was a big deal. You can build that. Like others said, think about the tools you have to maintain sobriety and use them. Get more tools. Whatever it takes. For me the missing link was this forum. A place I could go to read others stories for inspiration, to vent and get feedback without judgement. There is tremendous support here, available 24/7. Read around and see what you find helpful. :pray::two_hearts:

1 Like