Difficult day

Hey everyone. Here’s my issue: I’ve been sober for 34 days so far, I’m so happy with my results. Some days I feel like I can’t stay sober anymore like today. My ex keeps treating me like shit, I know I should drop that and stop talking to her and stuff but I just wanted a good friendship with her. Today I blocked her and started crying because I feel guilty, I feel that if she doesn’t want to talk to me is my problem, if she treats me like shit is because I’m shit… also, I feel like I deserve better than that. I really want to drink, I want to cry a lot and drink and forget.
Thanks everyone for reading me.
Any support is welcome.

2 Likes

Hey! Sorry to hear your having a rough day…but congratulations on 34 days!!! That is no small feat! Relationships are tricky…and the ends of them are even trickier. Right now though, your sobriety is THE most important thing. If Anyone or any situation that threatens that…you can cut them out knowing that you are doing what is best for your sobriety. Maybe once you have some more time under your belt you can revisit the friendship, but you might at that point see the situation more clearly and not want to. Either way…do what is right for your sobriety today and you will be doing well. Sending you strength :muscle:t3::heart:

1 Like
1 Like

Great job on your 34 days!!

Can I ask, what do you get out of that relationship being continued that is positive? It seems to me this relationship doesn’t seem very helpful for you. Drinking won’t fix that, you need to ditch the people who make you feel like you are hard to love. Start loving yourself more with the energy you would normally put into someone else. :heart: Hugs and stay strong my friend!

1 Like

Congrats on the 34 days! I know what you mean about being treated like shit and feeling like it’s ok cause you feel like you deserve it…but no one deserves that, and just think of all you have accomplished in the past month!

1 Like

I get wanting to maintain a good relationship with an ex but both people have to want that for it to happen. If only one of you can do that then it just isn’t worth it. The best you can do is walk away with your head held high and be the better person.

Ultimately drinking won’t help the situation. Remember to think the drink through to the end. Where will you be if you give into one drink right now. Will it really stop after one? Will it stop after 5? Will it stop after just one night? Be honest. How would drinking help the situation?

1 Like

It never stops at one. It can’t stop at one.

1 Like

Feeling quite better lately. Haven’t talked to her for a while, and feeling better. Also, 46 days sober! I’m doing progress and I’m happy to see results. I can handle stuff much better when I’m sober, so I don’t hurt myself.

Thank you all so much for your support. It meant and still means a lot. :heart:

2 Likes